The c/d points system strikes again (2 Viewers)

each year with the c down I watch less and less races and go to much less then I did before. Doesn't seem like there has been a rush of people to replace my money that the c-down was supposed to bring

each year with the c down I watch less and less races and go to much less then I did before. Doesn't seem like there has been a rush of people to replace my money that the c-down was supposed to bring

If I hadn't grown up around the sport, I wouldn't pay attention to it because of some trumped up play off system. Like I've said, I find TV coverage boring. I listen to the audio cast on Sunday, Have Legal Pads full of stats for floppers dating back to early 2004... but that's just a way to kill a Sunday afternoon between reading... but that's no different from what I did at the track growing up... and mom threw everything away when they left Garden Grove while I was overseas in the mid 70's...

By the way, my kids don't dislike Drag Racing, they just don't care one way or the other... my wife, on the other hand, really dislikes the sport... but she grew up around circle track people and Saturday night 'bull rings'....

d'kid

You are from Michigan, so you should understand the impacts the poor economy has had on everything. There hasn't been a rush of people because many people who fit the NHRA demographic are looking for work. Thinking like someone who wants to justify the Countdown because I like it, if it wasn't for the Countdown, the attendance would be down even more. :D

hey Zap......you know how you have been telling people to stop whining about 1000 ft racing and 4-wide racing because it is here to stay? Take a piece of your own advice on this one sir......

Oh I agree Mike , the CD is here to stay. If nhra says you are the season champ, then you are. It's their sandbox.

The difference is, 1,000ft & 4-wide has NOT hurt the sport, the CD has,...
just look at the stands,

You are from Michigan, so you should understand the impacts the poor economy has had on everything. There hasn't been a rush of people because many people who fit the NHRA demographic are looking for work. Thinking like someone who wants to justify the Countdown because I like it, if it wasn't for the Countdown, the attendance would be down even more. :D

ok but if people can't afford to go then TV ratings should be up. Ratings were higher pre countdown

ok but if people can't afford to go then TV ratings should be up. Ratings were higher pre countdown

The TV ratings are not truly like for like, so it is hard to know what the true impact is. The time slots are a moving target and are not the same year to year. I would say the inconsistent show start times vs. scheduled start times has had a much bigger impact on ratings than the Countdown.

The TV ratings are not truly like for like, so it is hard to know what the true impact is. The time slots are a moving target and are not the same year to year. I would say the inconsistent show start times vs. scheduled start times has had a much bigger impact on ratings than the Countdown.

schedule has been all over the place for years. If anything they have moved to earlier slots on a more regular basis. I believe it was last year they had a big deal where more races were between 6-9. Like the countdown if you wish but please don't ignore the numbers.

I must admit you do form a perfect no fault argument. Since the countdown we have seen ratings drop, attendence drop and sponsors leave and yet you only blame it all on the economy. Of course there is no need to point out the drops that dropped so hard in year 1 of the cd, before the economy was a complete basketcase.

The genius of your arguement is that provided the economy does rebound and the fans gone due to the economy return; you will then claim that its because of the countdown and not an improved economy. I must applaud a well crafted arguement. Ignore all facts and make any stat work for you. Very well done :)

If they have to keep it then at least fix it so its an actual playoff. This deal is second to the BCS as the worst format in deciding a champ.

The real complaint is I was really gonna try not to get involved in the discussions this year :)

Hey Paul. At Indy, listen to people in the stands this year when the announcers talk of the countdown. The 2 responses I have overheared each year are either countdown sucks or what is the countdown. I have yet to hear or see someone cheer or hell even look moderately excited for this deal.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back