Pick The Winners News (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
The Pick the Winners game is back for another season.

The link below will take you there. You can also find a link under the navigation tab at the top of the page.

The entire season is open so if you want to put all of your picks in now for the entire season feel free.

Congrats to Dave Major for being last season's champ. Can he break the curse and be the first two time winner of the contest?

For those new to the game; each race you pick 5 drivers among the pro classes. They can be divided among the classes however you wish.
Deadline for entries is Friday midnight of race weekend. I would STRONGLY recommend not waiting until the last minute though.
Drivers are awarded points for:
6 points for winning the race
4 for a runner up
3 for making the semi's
2 for the second round
1 point for qualifying
Any other rules are on the site.

If you don't see a driver you want on the list, please let me know and I will add them.

Also I am always looking for prize sponsors either for the end of the season or perhaps even each race. So far the last several seasons we've been able the award prizes to the top 2-3 places at the end of the year. I would love to expand that.

NHRA Pick The Winners

One final note, I am doing a polar plunge to raise money for Special Olympics, it is an organization that I am honored to be apart of. I would greatly appreciate any help.

FirstGiving - Special Olympics Michigan - Polar Bear Plunges - PJ Sapienza's Fundraising Page

The Pick the Winners game is back for another season.
Congrats to Dave Major for being last season's champ. Can he break the curse and be the first two time winner of the contest?

I certainly hope not! I'm hoping old age and treachery will overcome youth and knowledge for that twofer - :D FIRE 'EM UP !!!!

PJ, will you move Del Worsham to Top Fuel? You might also want to delete Johnny Gray from pro-stock. That might keep someone from making the same mistake I made last year. Thanks.

Thank you very much PJ!!! :)

1 question tho:

"Deadline for entries is Friday midnight of race weekend."
Shouldn't this be Thursday midnight? In my weird mind "Friday midnight" means after Friday qualifying.

Maybe remove Jeggie from PS.

Last edited:
Thanks again for another season PJ!!

I'm really looking forward to this year. I won't be taking this years picks lightly! :D I fully intend on breaking the curse and keeping that #1 again. :rolleyes:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

1297626368-1.jpg

1297626315.jpg

I completely forgot about Del switching. That has been done now.

I am leaving Jeg on, despite not racing it wouldn't surprise me if he shows up for a race or two. My general rule of thumb is to leave a driver on for 1 yr, once they go a year without a race then I move them off. That's why you'll also see Ashley still on the list. Obviously not gonna happen for most the season but I could easily see them using her as a countdown blocker late in the season if need be.

The deadline is Friday. To often, people forget there is a race on whatever weekend until Friday. That was a complaint when I took this over, as people were missing the deadline. So its always been Friday.

if there is anyone else I missed, let me know.

LOL That's funny Jim!!!

Still wondering about the deadline/cutoff.
I read somewhere it said Friday @ midnight. I thought it was Thursday @ midnight. I thought that's the way it was last year.
???
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back