Pick the Winners is live (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Yes folks the game you all know and love...and occasionally yell at, is back.

Shannon graciously reset the game so picks are able to be made.

For those new, or needing a refresher, the rules are pretty simple.

You pick 5 racers for each race. You can vary them among the classes however you wish.

Winner=6pts
R/U= 4pts
Semi=3
2nd= 2
qualify=1

We also have races for each of the specialty races throughout the season. Make sure to watch for those.
Points for those are
Winner=3
R/U=2
semi=1

At times there are concerns/complaints/issues/whinings about the cutoff time. Much like a fourth qualifying session, sometimes they get rained out and if you are on the outside still...oh well. All picks for the entire season can be made now. You are welcome to wait and see that second qualifying session before the Friday midnight cutoff but realize that you risk something wonky going on. I'd recommend getting picks in early, then changing them as you need until the deadline. Unless something extremely crazy happens, whenever the wizard of the interwebs shuts the cutoff door, there will be no adjustments.

As a side note, I am doing a polar plunge for Special Olympics on Jan 30th. I'd love your support.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/pj-sapienza/Livingston16

thanks

Hello Paul,
The deadline is based off of what you have set in your account settings. http://nitromater.com/account/preferences. If you are in the PST timezone then 11:59pm PST is when the game will shut off picks. If you're in EST then it would shut off at 11:59pm EST. This goes for all timezones. Hope this helps....

Shannon
So..if you live in the eastern time zone, you could change yours to PST to gain a few hours...

I just moved from PA to Austrailia :p

seriously....if everyone just fills every race card out ahead of time and then after Friday qualifying come back and amend your picks, you'll stand a better chance

just use these:

John Force
Antron Brown
Erica Enders
one of the Harleys (your choice)
and for a fifth choice use Jack Beckman

there....now you have a great chance of hitting on a winner (even a blind cat finds a blind mouse once in a while....I think)

So..if you live in the eastern time zone, you could change yours to PST to gain a few hours...
I have been looking for ways to control this option. Most you will ever gain is an extra 4 hours of time. Which means you are up in the weeeeee hours of the morning....lol

having the extra hours has been stifling to my winning at the game....I go back and second guess myself, and usually would have done better with the original choices....

PTW this year is going to be very interesting. Know one really knows what the performance of Prostock Car is going to be. Picking that category will be a crap shoot at best. So how many players will choose multiple TF and FC picks???

when Beckman picked up performance thanks to Prock, I usually put him down as an alternate and did pretty good....

for P/S just leave it on Erica until the rest catch up!

For some crazy reason, I see a dark house coming out and winning their first race ever in PS at the Winternationals....now if I could only figure out which one

implementing new strategy this season....will be in test mode for first part of season, same as PS.

I have to say that I really miss competing in pick the winners, but since I moved over to Jim Dunns team last year and we run the full schedule I just don't have the time to do it like I did when I was with Bode. Have fun everyone.

I have to say that I really miss competing in pick the winners, but since I moved over to Jim Dunns team last year and we run the full schedule I just don't have the time to do it like I did when I was with Bode. Have fun everyone.
Eugene- If you get a little extra time just go through and put your picks in for the whole season. The more the merrier

A dumb question here but where is the link for the game or do we just pop in our picks in the comments here? New to NM this season.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back