Phoenix Pick The Winner Results (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
Hello All,

There is a bug in the scoring system. Seems if someone didn't pick any drivers the system automatically gives them 30 points. So the results are incorrect for Phoenix. Will have a fix tomorrow if all goes well....

Thanks,
Shannon

So about a quarter of the contestants missed out in being able to make their picks. I don't feel so lonely now!:(

Shannon, I was wondering what was going on with my points... I was up in Northern Maine with no cell service and was unable to make my pics for Phoneix. I think last years rules were that your pics got defaulted to your pics from the previously week if you were unable/forgot to make pics for that weeks race. I believe you got one "Free Pass" for the season. Is this still true for this years "Nitromater.com/fantasy"????

Shannon, I was wondering what was going on with my points... I was up in Northern Maine with no cell service and was unable to make my pics for Phoneix. I think last years rules were that your pics got defaulted to your pics from the previously week if you were unable/forgot to make pics for that weeks race. I believe you got one "Free Pass" for the season. Is this still true for this years "Nitromater.com/fantasy"????
@PJ Sapienza will have to answer the questions about the rules. The online version of the game wasn't coded to have your picks roll over to the next week. Hopefully PJ will chime in here on this one.

Thanks,
Shannon

We did do the carry over last year. While people did vote for it, as the season went on many complained about it. It became a pain to keep track off. With the online version I didn't want to add another possible coding issue so it was left off. Per the rules on the game page it is not listed as an option

So what is going on? I could not enter my picks but was well before the deadline or atleast I thought so being in a different time zone and all. Is my season shot already? It looks like I got cut off because of the timezone difference.

No need for the carry over this year. ALL the races are available to pick right now. If you miss a deadline it's because you choose to wait till last minute. Not PJ's problem.
If JF does not qualify next race, can he say " I ran 3.99 last race can I use that??"

I don't think so!!
No race was available for me to pick before the standard deadline Friday night. The new program cut people off before the deadline. I didn't miss the deadline. The program moved the deadline and shut me out. That alone should be reason enough for a carryover.

so when is someone going to fix this mess? Hell we should have just donated to PJ and had him do it. At least he was always correct!

so when is someone going to fix this mess? Hell we should have just donated to PJ and had him do it. At least he was always correct!
I am waiting for @Liam W to fix the scoring system. We thought it was fixed but turns out that it's a bit more complex. Hang in there.....

Shannon

OK. At least there is no race this weekend, that would really get confusing. Just keep us posted on progress.
And thanks for doing this. Once all the bugs are gone, it's gonna be great.

A little clarification needed please:
In the new rules, under the welcome to, it states tie breaker is low ET of the race.
Does this mean you include qualifying???

Later under points it says tie breaker is low ET of final rd....?
Final rd of what class...?
Just trying to avoid future problems or misunderstanding.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back