Pedregons and Toyota (1 Viewer)

gerrymack

Nitro Member
Wow, found this release on NHRA site and bit surprised it hadn't been mentioned here yet ... I suppose this means they'll soon be running Toyota bodies.

Toyota partners with Pedregon Racing for team support: Pedregon Racing has announced a partnership with Toyota for team support including supply of transportation vehicles for the 2007 NHRA POWERade Drag Racing season. Cruz Pedregon, driver of the Advance Auto Parts Funny Car, and Tony Pedregon, pilot of the Q Power Funny Car, will each receive team support vehicles from Toyota.

Toyota will support each team with key product for use throughout the remainder of the 2007 season. This product support includes the Sequoia Full Size SUV and the all-new Tundra CrewMax pick-up truck. The Tundra Full Size CrewMax pick-up is equipped with a 5.7 liter V8 engine which will provide a towing capacity of over 10,000 pounds. While providing a functional addition to the Pedregon Racing teams, this product support will also offer tremendous exposure for the Toyota Tundra and Sequoia models.

"As we are always looking to support racing at all levels, " said Mark Amstock, Toyota's National SUV and Minivan Market Planning Manager. "Toyota is proud to be associated with Pedregon Racing. The NHRA is a great venue to expose the all new Tundra and the Sequoia Full Size SUVs to the NHRA fans where they can see the trucks in action with the team."

Tony did and it lasted all of one pass. I guess he has another one or it has been repaired becasue there is photos of the new under support on another site.

Isn't this pretty much the same deal that Bazemore/Fuller and the David Powers team have going?

Probabely no more than Bazemore will be running a Toyota or Hot Rod . This is Toyotas way of sneaking in and being a contributer before the big investment happens . They are just looking at getting some exposure . I dont know why , those are the ugliest trucks around right now . Toyota is just supporting them with product , not research and developement for a funny car body and so on . A free tow vehicle and an suv for the crew is better than nothing though .

Maybe that they should have gotten that Impala body to him a bit faster...:rolleyes:

absolutly right! tony voiced his displeasure a few times about that. they were the highest finishing gm body out there and they got there impalas 3rd. it was disrespect on gms part. i hope they do run toyota bodies .

Isn't this pretty much the same deal that Bazemore/Fuller and the David Powers team have going?
Not really, when you have factory supported Funny Cars that are running (what are supposed to look like) full car bodies. Top Fuelers generally aren't branded Ford, Chevrolet, etc.

absolutly right! tony voiced his displeasure a few times about that. they were the highest finishing gm body out there and they got there impalas 3rd. it was disrespect on gms part. i hope they do run toyota bodies .
Didn't DPR have a lot to do with getting those bodies built in the first place? If so, it's only right that TJjr. got his first.

Didn't DPR have a lot to do with getting those bodies built in the first place? If so, it's only right that TJjr. got his first.

Absolutely, positively, without hesitation, Brent! If DPR fronted extra resources to expedite the process, then they should have been on the top of the list.

Sean D

Ben a lot of development and testing spent on those bodies before and after they were certified.
I'm just glad to see Toyota partisapating because they are a large segment of the automotive world these days.
I wonder how well a Chinese sponsored car will do?
I hear their middleclass is nuts about racing and performance automobiles.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back