Tony Pedregon's New Toyota (1 Viewer)

Tony Pedregon has a big weekend prepared in Topeka, Kan. Pedregon will debut his brand new 2012 Toyota Camry, and Herzog Contracting Corp. will be in the primary role for the first time in the 2012 season. Herzog Contracting Corp. has been a major associate for Pedregon Racing since 2004. The NHRA Dollar General Summer Nationals in Topeka, Kansas is their home race. Herzog expects to have over 250 employees and customers in attendance for their supportof the Pedregon racing teammates.

hz_media_01_05.jpg

Looks good standing still, but can they make it run? They haven't had much luck with the Impala lately, so it will be interesting.

What is the big deal with these ricer bodies? Are they really that slippery? Just wish that the American mfrs can produce something good other than the Mustang body. :(

What is the big deal with these ricer bodies? Are they really that slippery? Just wish that the American mfrs can produce something good other than the Mustang body. :(

Probably could if they CARED enough to get involved.... FORD an Toyota (pretty much american since most sold in the US are made in the US) are the only ones making an effort...

Not a whole lotta difference in the actual bodies these days. Thet're all pretty much bubble bodies with different "headlight" and "grill" graphic decals. Time to get the bodies back to a more recognizable shape.

Not a whole lotta difference in the actual bodies these days. Thet're all pretty much bubble bodies with different "headlight" and "grill" graphic decals. Time to get the bodies back to a more recognizable shape.

And That's the Street Cars...

FYI... There is a reason they are called Funny Cars... case in point... INDY '69, no Dodge Chargers, Mr. Norm's car had a 'cuda grill and tail lights painted on, as mini chargers were choped and channeled too much, but the dims were OKAY with the cuda trim

d'kid

And That's the Street Cars...

FYI... There is a reason they are called Funny Cars... case in point... INDY '69, no Dodge Chargers, Mr. Norm's car had a 'cuda grill and tail lights painted on, as mini chargers were choped and channeled too much, but the dims were OKAY with the cuda trim

d'kid

I understand the "funny car" monicker, but I'd like to see a return to the closer to stock sized windshields instead of the common drivers "bubble" on today's FC's. Personally my favorites were the 70's - 80's FC's with the wheel bubbles etc.

Tony Pedregon has a big weekend prepared in Topeka, Kan. Pedregon will debut his brand new 2012 Toyota Camry, and Herzog Contracting Corp. will be in the primary role for the first time in the 2012 season. Herzog Contracting Corp. has been a major associate for Pedregon Racing since 2004. The NHRA Dollar General Summer Nationals in Topeka, Kansas is their home race. Herzog expects to have over 250 employees and customers in attendance for their supportof the Pedregon racing teammates.

hz_media_01_05.jpg

Now that is the Best Looking Toyota I have ever seen!! :p

What is the big deal with these ricer bodies?

Dude, what is your problem with foreign company's/people? You crap all over Al Balooshi/Qatar/The Sheik and now crapping on Toyota. Do you know how many people in this country Toyota employs? The "ricer" comment makes you look like a racist. How about "thank you" Toyota for stepping up and providing support to the racers rather than making a comment about people from a particular country.

Dude, what is your problem with foreign company's/people? You crap all over Al Balooshi/Qatar/The Sheik and now crapping on Toyota. Do you know how many people in this country Toyota employs? The "ricer" comment makes you look like a racist. How about "thank you" Toyota for stepping up and providing support to the racers rather than making a comment about people from a particular country.

Paul: just consider the source!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit to add: Sam DOES wanna see a MB funny car so he's not prejudiced against Germans!
:D'OH:

Last edited:

You know I was gonna stay outta it, but I gotta agree. I don't love that the sport is a much different story of bodies and manufacture support as it was 10 years ago, but this is the sign of the times and evolution. I thank Toyota for spending their money, Will I buy a toyota, probably not. But he is constantly there in fully disclosed 100% opposition for no real valid reasons on any of the non american topics and it's not really making you look loyal to the country, it's more making you look closed minded and racist. Not that it's so much the wrong view to have, it's more that most people just keep it to themselves.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back