Pat Garlits (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
I just read on FB and Twitter that Don's wife, Pat has passed away. :( Married for 61 years.

Here's the email Don sent out:

Dear Friends,
My dear wife of nearly 61 years left this world and went over to the other side at 5:53 PM, this afternoon. She has been suffering a lot these last few days and it was a Blessing to see God take her into His care. I will miss her very badly, but will be with her sooner than I realize, as time is very different here that over there. She passed at home with her two Daughters at her side and me holding her hand and a little Yorkie dog on each side of her. She went without making a sound and this house is going to be very quiet for a while. I had "Glenn Miller" playing in the background, as that was her favorite "Big Band". I will let everyone know what the Arrangements will be when I know myself. Thanks for all the Prayers and support through this terrible ordeal.
Sincerely,
Don Garlits

CEO
Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing Inc.
13700 SW 16th Ave.
Ocala, FL 34473

Last edited:
R.I.P. Pat may GOD bless both of you and help Big through his time of loss. I'm proud to have known you and appreciate the way both of you treated my Mom and Dad when we were racing. Both of you are class people the world is better off for having had you both here for the time GOD gave you on this earth.

In this world of robotic press releases, instant news, viral social media, etc, the words of Big Daddy, in that statement, are stunningly honest and heartfelt. RIP Pat.

She was an incredible woman. He would not have been as successful without her.

My condolences to her family and friends. Rest in peace, Pat.

In this world of robotic press releases, instant news, viral social media, etc, the words of Big Daddy, in that statement, are stunningly honest and heartfelt. RIP Pat.

I find it sweet that his signature had his last name and all that museum info included, like we wouldn't know who it was if he signed it "Don".

I met her at Bakersfield a few years back. Really nice lady.
Sorry for her passing. Sad.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back