Paint n Place Gone? (1 Viewer)

qtermile14

Nitro Member
Does anyone know what happened to Jerry Siever's Paint n Place in Placentia, Ca? I happen to drive by it last week Friday, and the yard was empty, and the building was "For Lease".

It has been like that for about a month. I live down the street from there. I tried to do a search on the internet for a new address but nothing came up. I sure someone on here knows the answer.

I did the same thing before starting this post. Even though you still need a base color scheme, maybe the vinyl wrap thing did him in. I hope not. Another thing I thought of, with all of the air quality rules here, maybe he moved to another state.

I'm sure someone's on this, but I wouldn't be suprised if the eco regs just got to be to much as businesses are leaving CA in droves and rightly so. Sometimes I listen to Bill Watenburg on KGO and it's amazing the damage that the California Air Resources Board had done to business in California. Eco regs are so bad that farmers can't even get water for their crops.

That movie star Governor is so concerned about global warming that he commutes to work via a gulfstream jet from Brentwood. I have a hunch that people have had enough of him too.

Re: Paint n Placeis NOT Gone?

Mike, Paint N Place has relocated to your town, Corona!
Jerry Sievers lives in Corona. With the owner of the property tripling his rent in recent years, and Jerry teaching Body and Paint nights in Riverside. moving was his best option. Wraps have hurt, but he is still doing race cars and a bunch of street rods. Has a booth big enough for airplanes now!

So I guess it's the big, bad, mean government causing the end of the world as we know it... Nope, oops, they just moved... :rolleyes:

So I guess it's the big, bad, mean government causing the end of the world as we know it... Nope, oops, they just moved... :rolleyes:

The big bad government known as CARB is something to fear if you live in california especially if you own a semi truck or construction equipment. they have a rule pending that will make all diesel engines on semis and other equipment obsolete. it would be like NHRA saying that the engine you are using can no longer be used next season and you have to buy a new one.

The big bad government known as CARB is something to fear if you live in california especially if you own a semi truck or construction equipment. they have a rule pending that will make all diesel engines on semis and other equipment obsolete. it would be like NHRA saying that the engine you are using can no longer be used next season and you have to buy a new one.

Hey...They have a fix-it for the diesel engines that's about $10,000. LOL. Come to think of it, it's not funny.

Ask Kevin Stith what he had to do to survive just to print t-shirts in CA.

Las Vegas is running ads in L.A. asking companies to relocate in Nevada stating they have no State taxes and that they are business friendly.

Re: the Governator. He has taken up the cause on the water that was shut off to the farmers because of a fish called the Delta Smelt. The State shut the water pumps off to the central valley farmers because the court ruled the fish might get caught in the pumps, even though they have survived it for 40+ years. The farmers offered to reroute the water but the enviro-whacko's will have none of that. The biggest farce on this supposed endangered species deal is that number 1: the fish isn't endangered. And number 2: the fish is there because in the early 1900's some fisherman brought the smelt with them and using them as bait to catch larger fish, so they aren't even natural to the area. The "bait" fish that escaped multiplied and now thrive, but the whacko's don't care. 80,000 farm workers are jobless and hundreds of thousands of acres of mature fruit trees are now dead.

Randy, these folks as you know use the environment to pad their pockets and rule over others using a broken court system even when their argument is bogus and we all know that a they know it. It's called the effects of greed and liberalism.

Getting back to the engine problem, think about how many pro and sportsman race teams this will effect based out of California. Is it a coincidence that Force is relocating his entire operation to Indy? I know that's not the main reason but probably one of them. Many companies are leaving the state due to overregulation.

One time they wanted to put a wind farm and solar farm out in the middle of the desert and the eco police said no it will hurt the rustic look and feel of the area. The Governor who allows these people to stop him at every turn fianlly said. "well, what the hell else are we going to do"?

Hey...They have a fix-it for the diesel engines that's about $10,000. LOL. Come to think of it, it's not funny.
Got that right Randy. We have converted quite a few of our tractors with the new super trap, and replaced older units with 08-09 units. Racers that have tractors older than 08, with out the new trap muffler, will not be allowed to operate in CA in the coming years. 10G's is the starting point, we have to have the trap units serviced and tracked by a company lic. by CARB. The big carriers are pushing this program as a way of eliminating the smaller carriers in CA. they simply put new units in CA and older units in other states.

Got that right Randy. We have converted quite a few of our tractors with the new super trap, and replaced older units with 08-09 units. Racers that have tractors older than 08, with out the new trap muffler, will not be allowed to operate in CA in the coming years. 10G's is the starting point, we have to have the trap units serviced and tracked by a company lic. by CARB. The big carriers are pushing this program as a way of eliminating the smaller carriers in CA. they simply put new units in CA and older units in other states.

I work for a company that sales/rents construction equipment....you would be amazed how quickly the state rendered perfectly good equipment useless and over priced...now the stuff goes to auctions for pennys on the dollar and just ends up in other states or south of the border....

Is there any reason to remain in California, let alone So. Cal., anymore? What a mess and it's being emulated up here.

Any company that does state or local government contract jobs can't even bid on them unless thay have "legal" diesel emissions systems now, which has put smaller companies out of business.

Instead of implementing this "drop dead" date, the state should have set up a system where new replacement vehicles would need to comply, and existing equipment would be grandfathered. So in time when the vehicles wear out and are replaced the new stuff would be good to go. But's it's not their money and frankly the politicians just don't give a darn.

The unfortunate part of all this is...as CA goes, eventually so does the country.

What a minute guys, just because its approved by CARB doesnt mean it ok. You all forgot about the South Coast Air Quality Management who controls a good part of So Cal. You can have say, brake clean in shop thats CARB approve but that doesnt mean it SCAQMD approved. They've got to get their dollars to.

Carson City, Nevada is looking better and better after having a long visit in the area 2 weeks ago. They love the thought of having employed citizens making a good living with benefits without the federal government having to "help"
It would also save 2 to 3 hours a day weighing and measuring everything we even think of doing.
BTW, thanks to Bill Miller Engineering for shedding some crystal clear light on the subject of moving from SoCal to Nevada.

Come on in fella's, the waters fine. :D Got the hell out, back in 78 and moved to Reno, mighty glad I did. :cool: A bunch easier to have a business up here and a lot cheaper housing for your hard earned dollars.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back