Our beloved "Hip" has moved on (1 Viewer)

Very sad news......but I'm so glad that "Hip" had the time of his life in Indy! And thanks to all the Maters that helped "Hip" in his final years have such wonderful memories. Thanks Bobby -for letting us know about his passing.
Prayers to his family and friends.....

Thanks Kelly. I get the National Dragster, just haven't gotten that issue yet..........."HIP"

HIP posted this a couple of weeks ago. I hope he got his National Dragster. He was a star around here for sure.

That's very sad new indeed, but I'm sure he's in a better place now. I think we all enjoyed his presence around here, I know I did... he'll certainly be missed.

Godspeed "Hip".

Very sad news......but I'm so glad that "Hip" had the time of his life in Indy! And thanks to all the Maters that helped "Hip" in his final years have such wonderful memories. Thanks Bobby -for letting us know about his passing.
Prayers to his family and friends.....

This is shocking news this morning as I have just logged into the 'Mater after 2 days. My heart sank when I saw the title of Doc's thread.
I feel the same way you do Judy, the same way all of the 'Maters feel. Many of you did so much for Hip over the past few months & years giving him a very good time, a great time before he moved on.
Like Tom & Doc have alluded to, he's in a much better place now. We all love you & will miss you Hip. Godspeed my friend.

Sad to learn this news.

I hope all of the maters will take some consolation in knowing that by providing Hip with a computer so he could once again participate on Nitromater, along with the Indy experience with Whit, his 'heart's desires' were fulfilled.

Should we all be blessed by leaving this life, peacefully in our sleep.

RIP HIP :)

Jackee

I didn't know HIP personally, but I know in my heart from reading his posts and experiences, he crossed the line on all 8, chutes out. Godspeed my friend.

How sad. :( I always enjoyed reading his posts and although I never got to meet him he seemed like a really good guy. RIP, Roger.

HIP's zest will be sorely missed around here.

You know a man is a good man, when he can touch you through a computer.

RIP HIP! Thanks for letting me know you, without knowing you.

Hip's passing was noted

Hip's passing was noted on Torco's site. What a nice memorial.

It includes that great picture of Hip and Whit.

Thank you, Competition Plus for acknowledging our good friend's passing.

It means a great deal to us.

Last edited:
Terrible loss to our sport and our page... "Hip" had a great wealth of historical knowledge that he shared freely among us, and his intelligence and wit will be greatly missed. Althogh I did not know him personally, he has more than once validated some of my own comments on this board, as well as schooled me when I was off base, but in such a way that I learned something afterwards. R.I.P. brother 'Mater.. You will be missed

I can't stop thinking about Roger.....I too am so glad he got to go to Indy and was treated to such a great time. Of course, I'm not surprised that our community came through for him time and time again.

Alan....that piece you wrote in the "News" section was very moving. I think you summed it up wonderfully.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back