Our beloved "Hip" has moved on (1 Viewer)

I only talked to "HIP" on here one time and I felt like we were kindred spirits. We talked about "INDY" back in the day. I'll miss ya.

Jackee has posted the link here to Hip's guest book which will be passed on to family, etc. Please visit here as well as your Mater postings. I doubt the family will ever see much of our remarks on the Mater and only a small handful have taken advantage of the guest book.
Please feel free to contribute there as well.
Thanks Maters and thanks for the Link Jackee!

You're welcome Bobby. There's nothing to prevent someone from posting a link to this thread in the Guest Book. I did that in Dyno's Book and others. Cindy even posted the link on the Dyno Don Website. I'm pretty sure the new Mater would still be accessible with a link in the Guest Book.

I have spoken with so many people who have praised the Guest Book idea. When I first heard of the service, I admit, I thought it was a bit impersonal. However, over time, and after speaking with so many family members of racers who have passed, I've done a complete turnaround in my thinking about the GBs. I strongly encourage everyone to sign one when they have the opportunity. Where racers/fans are concerned, even the most famous, their families know the person primarily as Dad or Mom or Sister or Brother or Uncle,etc. They KNOW they're well known, but when someone shares a personal experience they had with the person who has passed, it opens a whole new view to their family & friends.

RIP Hip. My brother was probably at the gates waiting to greet you. There will be no lack of bench racing for you now. I will miss you and your posts.

Last edited:
Didn't know Hip well, but I'm gonna miss his thoughts about our sport...
R.I.P. Hip... gotta be one heck of a show where you are after the year we've had...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back