One last Paul Page rant (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Sorry, I know everyone is sick of Paul Page rants, but I just gotta get this off my chest. I really thought Paul was getting better, but this weekend, in my humble opinion, was the WORST. Just a few highlights (lowlights) of Page coverage that stuck out to me. I thought his reference to KJs trip into the sand trap during qualifying as "one of those great little moments" was bad, and he continued to chuckle and make a comment that it looks like they needed Hulk Hogan to get him out of the sand as they zoomed in on the destroyed front end of KJs car--yeah, real funny, Paul. What if that would have been your beloved Angelle or Ashley there in the sand? Also did anyone catch the huge (and loud) OH, YEAH! from Page as Hot Rod went up in smoke first round? Nice unbiased reporting. And thanks Paul for telling us that Vandergriff will face a red hot JR Todd in the second round BEFORE the first round race between JR and Doug Kalitta had even been shown. And despite Mike Dunn's subtle hints that he doesn't want to discuss the Nascar points situation during a broadcast of an NHRA drag race, Page just does not get the hint and keeps bringing it up. There were many others, but I'll just quit now. Sorry for the rant, but I just had to vent just a little bit here. From my point of view, this was the worst Paul performance to date.

yeah he did have a big letdown this week. Ironically, I think his best show was at maple grove when no one was there:p

my favorite "pageism" from this was when he was telling us that clay millican had not won a round of racing all year when clay drove up to the waterbox......in the second round of eliminations

I also liked, when Dunn pointed out several times the winner of the PSB event final would be the PSB champ, Then Page said something to the effect of "Just think Chip Ellis could win the title without a national event win" when the drivers were pulling in to stage. :rolleyes:

I was not impressed AT ALL with his commentary! He is the John Madden of drag racing! I can't stand it!!!

I like how he called the next NASCAR race "The Big Go." :rolleyes:
I don't think that Paul has any control over what is given him to read about nascar. ESPN pushed the nascar chase at least 15 times during the nhra broadcasts, but never heard ONE reference to the drag chase on any of the nascar broadcasts this week-end. :rolleyes:

I thought Paul was genuinely (and contagiously) excited last night.

He gone from seemingly "out to lunch" to a sincere fan in the course of the season. Mike Dunn contues to be a great compliment.

Is Paul the best ESPN2 can do? - NO!

But he can still "get-the-ball-over-the-plate". He's a broadcast professional.

Wouldn't we all rather see Bob F. or Alan R. in the booth? Probably, but I don't want Linda Vaughan or Cruz Pedregon imatating a broadcast professional.

Actually, JM is pretty good. PP just sucks.

My favorite was when JR Todd, according to Page ran an "awesome" 4.96.

Well Sam, if you have been listening to John Madden as long as I have, you would understand where I am coming from. He spouts off things that have NOTHING to do with the football game or the players on the field. It is total goobily-garb sometimes and then there is the "BOOM"! I just wish he would shut the h*ll up and let us watch the game!!! :p

You guys pissed and moaned about Marty Reid until he got displaced.

Now you piss and moan about Paul Page all the time.

:rolleyes:

You didn't hear much complaining about Marty after a few races. And you definitely didn't still hear major complaints after nearly two full season like you have with Paul Page.

Marty on his worst day was better than any of Paul's good days.

Last edited:
.......And thanks Paul for telling us that Vandergriff will face a red hot JR Todd in the second round......

According to Paul Page, apparently it is Vandergrith, I guess he cant read either. Makes me want to stick my thingers in my ears!

I was not impressed AT ALL with his commentary! He is the John Madden of drag racing! I can't stand it!!!

Hahaha... John Madden... Classic!!

"If the Colts want to score a touchdown, they are going to have to get the ball in the end zone and if they want to with this game they are going to have to score more points than their opponents." NO SH!T Mr Madden!!!! :D

According to Paul Page, apparently it is Vandergrith, I guess he cant read either. Makes me want to stick my thingers in my ears!

Hahaha... John Madden... Classic!!

"If the Colts want to score a touchdown, they are going to have to get the ball in the end zone and if they want to with this game they are going to have to score more points than their opponents." NO SH!T Mr Madden!!!! :D

See! I am not the only one!!!!:D Makes me want to stick hot pokers in my ears!!!!:eek:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard all that stuff last night.

As a former radio broadcaster for 15 years....and a little TV stuff here and there................it drove me BATTY to hear all the things he said. Maybe even more than some just because of my background....and the fact that I'm a fan and driver...(even though it is just sportsman level).

I also noticed that Mike got quiet...and never said a peep a couple of times when Paul said a few of those things we all noticed. I would have loved to have seen the look he must have been giving Paul. I bet it was priceless!

Doing that job is not easy.... and I know that mistakes are going to be made 'cause we're all human.....but GEEZ! Sigh...................

Face it guys....

We all (at least the older ones) miss Big Mac and Stevo. No one else will ever compare with those two. Absolutely the best two ever...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back