Another Paul Page mixup! (1 Viewer)

Professor Dave

Nitro Member
When Lewis "Stat Guy" Bloom made reference to the song "Thunder Road" during Sunday's broadcast, Paul Page made reference to Robert Mitchum. While Robert Mitchum did have a hit with "The Ballad of Thunder Road," the theme from the 1958 movie in which he starred, produced and wrote the screen play for, Paul knows that Lewis is from Jersey, so there could be only one "Thunder Road" to which he was referring.

I swear he called the Snake, John "the Snake' Prudhomme. But John and Don sound alike so maybe I it was just me.

When Lewis "Stat Guy" Bloom made reference to the song "Thunder Road" during Sunday's broadcast, Paul Page made reference to Robert Mitchum. While Robert Mitchum did have a hit with "The Ballad of Thunder Road," the theme from the 1958 movie in which he starred, produced and wrote the screen play for, Paul knows that Lewis is from Jersey, so there could be only one "Thunder Road" to which he was referring.
I thought I had heard it all when it came to complaining about Paul Page but I was wrong. This tops it all!:mad:

I think we all need to accept whatever Paul says as a "Paul-ism"!:D

I have a bigger place in my heart for Paul now ever since his coverage in Englishtown. He was a true professional during the coverage and for that I thank him. :D

suddenly lovin' PP more!!
making reference to old stand-bys - i can live with that!;)

I went to a family function this weekend and thought my aunt always was a red head until there was a slide show. She has been every color under the sun!!
Sure am glad that most of you don't monitor my thoughts and wisdom.
He does fine, and I really feel he tries very hard. In the big scheme of things, this is minor. It can be just like listening to a John Force interview, you never know what he is going to say, and at the end you just have to smile!!
Give him a break.

Some of you are going to bash Paul what ever he does.Get a life.Find another out for your anger.It is old now.Paul showed what he was made of after Scotts death.He did a wonderful job.

All along I've wanted Paul to do well..and he's made progress.

I've never said anything bad about him..although I did post a pic of Michael J. Pollard for comparison once. :D

The guy is working at it..and I appreciate it.

I guess it depends on your generation. I am of Paul's and thought of Robert Mitchum too. Looking at the age of a lot of people attending in Denver I would say that they were with Paul and me. The motorsports fan is aging, and so too are those who work the races.

I guess it depends on your generation. I am of Paul's and thought of Robert Mitchum too. Looking at the age of a lot of people attending in Denver I would say that they were with Paul and me. The motorsports fan is aging, and so too are those who work the races.

Good point Carl. Everyone here needs to give the guy a break, really. He gets better every day, just like all of us do. Be thankful that you are not under a magnifying glass, whether by choice or otherwise.

Whenever I hear the term "Thunder Road" I envision Robert Mitchum sitting in that "57 Ford Fairlane, with the ciggey butt dangling from his mouth.

thund.jpg

How could you NOT?!?!?!?:confused:

Honestly, some people's kids! :p

Last edited:
You mean NOBODY noticed Paul referring to "regular 1300 Foot" racing?

.... or maybe I missed that thread.

PS: I'm guessing Mr. Ring was offering his criticism with tongue firmly in cheek.:)

I think we all need to accept whatever Paul says as a "Paul-ism"!:D

I have a bigger place in my heart for Paul now ever since his coverage in Englishtown. He was a true professional during the coverage and for that I thank him. :D

RIGHT ON SUZIE!!!!!!!!!!!! (love all your posts!) :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back