Nhra.com (1 Viewer)

d'kid

Nitro Member
K.I.S.S.

Just went to nhra.com for the last time...
Looks like everything I hate about Face Farce, and a badly done My Space

Comp Plus gets it
RPM2night gets it
DRO gets it

thanks
d'kid

Karl is right. It's poorly done, way too busy and the change wasn't necessary. If only they had looked just a bit harder I'm sure thay could have got 2 or 3 additional commercial names on the first page,

Last edited:
Often, awarding a web re-design project like that to the low bidder is not always the best decision. ;)

I don't think it looks bad. I can find all the stuff I need. I like the upcoming events banner at the top with the links.

Yeah, its got a lot of ads, but no more than the onslaught of contingency decals on your favorite race car. As long as they are not intrusive and pop up I can overlook them.

I don't think it's that bad....not nearly as bad as the redesigned nascar.com. IRL's got a good site.

However, I don't go to nhra.com for the fluff/propaganda pieces anyway. If I want actual info and analysis, it's competition plus, rpm2night, etc.

Try to get to the Mello Yellow schedule from the drop down using firefox , it's impossible because the NHRA logo is in the way.
Somebody didn't QC the site for different browsers very well.

Ehh, they rearranged all the same content on the front page into a slightly different order, changed the overall background to show the reverse image Wally's (wasting more screen than the actual content), and took the main menu bar at the top and dumped a couple of the old selections into other existing menus. The content pages inside are exactly the same, but with a white background now. They should hardly be patting themselves on the back for it. It's different the first time you see it, but it really functions no differently. Same as putting a new color on the walls in a room, and moving the couch around.

Fortunately, it's not the abomination that NASCAR.com is.

The aesthetic of the site is not so bothersome to me ... It is still, by far, the slowest loading website on my iPad.

Interesting. I was just going to say that it seemed like it loaded a lot faster than the previous design...

Funny...I just got on here to say it loads A LOT faster. It's still a crowded front page, but looks crowded with the right stuff now. All events in an easy scroll, all info easy to find without hardly any navigating. I like it. Yes, it looks cheap, but it seems to work better with a friendly layout. The load time on pages dropped dramatically.

Last edited:
I peeked at the NASCAR site. Yeah, it's awful for desktop/laptop users. It's geared towards smart phone users. It's a web site design that some auto manufacturers tried without success, and some other shopping sites tried. the idea was to drive more phone users to purchase or visit sites. It has pretty much backfired. Most companies have learned that revenue comes from home PC users, and most phone people just want to show their friend some stupid video for a laugh, but very few people buy on phones, compared to home users.

I gotta be honest and say I like the NASCAR site. That said I am not a hardcore fan but for a casual occasional visitor it looks awesome. Maybe that is what they are aiming for, I don't know.

Re: Nhra.com's Amazing Stupendous Website-eroo-a-doozie

To me, the NHRA site looks like a truck carrying logo samples hit a power line in outer space. Your eye isn't drawn to anything - it's drawn to everything....

On the other hand, I wonder if they paid $365 Million for it like the Obamacare website?

I now remember why I don't get on this site much anymore, half the people on here do nothing but Whine and complain. as for the NHRA site, what would any of you do different, and who have you talked to at the main office about what you would like to have added or removed. If you want something changed, then do something about it otherwise, quit the whining!!
JB

I now remember why I don't get on this site much anymore, half the people on here do nothing but Whine and complain. as for the NHRA site, what would any of you do different, and who have you talked to at the main office about what you would like to have added or removed. If you want something changed, then do something about it otherwise, quit the whining!!
JB

Funny - John must be reading a different thread. There are no less than 11 suggestions for improvement in the first 5 emails.

What John also doesn't understand is that most of us are "customers" of NHRA. We pay for their services through dues, licensing fees on merchandising, track fees etc. One of the "benefits" the NHRA advertises for being a member is access to their website. I, and everyone else that pays has every right in the world to complain - because we freaking paid for it. And apparently the customers have spoken.

I don't have to "do anything different", nor do I have to "fix it" for them. I just have to quit buying their services...

To clarify my comments, if anything was misunderstood, I was trying to politely state what the changes were, and their relative insignifcance, and that if you look close, it's the same site. There's a tendency for people to panic with change. By today's web standards, NHRA.com is rather dated (if my outdated browser at work is ok with it, it must be). I like it's simplicity, myself. However, to compare it's change to a personal preference against Facebook, MySpace, etc. is just very short sighted. They have nothing to do with each other. However, for those who don't like the social media sites, you should feel fortunate that this was only a couple of small background changes. With so much social media integration into websites today, you could be far more frustrated.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back