NATIONAL DRAGSTER ? (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
Has there ever been talk about getting Dragster once a month. With access to Internet it seems that the magazine would be more interesting to read if we got it once a month,, plus it would cut the cost of yearly membership. I really don't have time to read it every week and it ends up in trash if my wife gets a hold of it.. Just a thought!

I don't think when they went from weekly to bi-weekly they reduced the price. I agree, it should be monthly print and weekly internet.

I subscribe to Drag Illustrated, ND and several others. Subscribing makes them all pretty cheap on a per issue basis. They all offer something different, and I try to support them because as much as I check out all the online mags, I don't want to see any more print magazines go away. I've said it before, Phil Burgess and crew have done a great job re-inventing ND, and I enjoy getting it every 2 weeks.

I am told by senior members of the drag racing fraternity that Hot Rod is a good mag. There hasn't been a top-notch online reporter since Keith Burgan stopped reporting. I am tired of reading puff & fluff. Most of the so-called reporters also double up as PR people, so you know they are going to tip-toe thru the tulips to ensure they get a Christmas card from Glendora.

You have to understand what National Dragster is. It is the newspaper/magazine of record for NHRA, much like the New York Times is the newspaper of record for national politics. Phil has done a terrific job to make ND much more readable and representative of the programs his employer produces. I am really enjoying the bend toward sportsman racing. You can't be all things to all people. If you want to pick up a racing mag and read about how out of touch NHRA is, don't read ND. Also remember, nearly every newbie who comes to a national event will see ND and probably take one home. It is a good representative for NHRA's interpretation of the sport.

I like the magazine and I think they do a good job covering NHRA, my thinking is saving money and that could be done by having once a month publication. It has to be awful costly to send the magazine twice a month.

Mark, Hot Rod really is a good mag. It's not 100% drag racing by any means, but it's 100% gearhead, with a little something for everyone. And again, you can get multi-year subscriptions for peanuts if you catch it right. The internet is awesome in many ways, but it's still nice to get an issue of ND or Hot Rod in the mail, in between all the bills.

I had Hot Rod for a few years and most of it did not cater to me so I didn't renew, and, National Dragster has gotten better, atleast for me anyway, besides, got to be member is you want to play in their field ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back