NHRA Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
I JUST HEARD A RADIO ADD FOR THE UPCOMING NASCAR RACE AT FONTANA, CA WHICH IS SPONSORED BY AAA.
THE ADD SAID THAT IF YOU PRESENTED YOUR AUTO CLUB CARD YOU WOULD GET 50%, YES 50% OFF THE TICKET PRICE FOR ANY DAY OF RACING.

I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT NHRA WAS GOUGING THE SPECTATORS BUT AT THE WINTERNATIONALS IT DIDN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE BECAUSE ALMOST NOBODY CAME.
I ONCE ASKED A WELL KNOWN RACER WHO AT THE TIME WAS A NHRA VP WHY THE PRICES AT POMONA KEPT GOING UP. HIS ANSWER WAS: AS LONG AS WE CAN SELL OUT THE RACE WE WILL KEEP RAISING THE PRICES.

I THINK WITH THE SPECTATOR TURNOUT THAT WE HAVE SEEN AT NHRA RACES IN THE LAST YEAR NHRA HAD BETTER RETHINK THEIR PRICING. WITH THE PRESENT ECONOMY IF NHRA KEEPS THEIR PRICING WHERE IT IS THEY ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO SEE A DROP IN ATTENDANCE.

IT USED TO BE IF YOU WERE A NHRA MEMBER WHEN YOU GOT YOUR YEARLY MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE IT INCLUDED DISCOUNT COUPONS, AND A RULE BOOK.
I GUESS THEY HAD TO STOP ALL THAT SO TOM COMPTON AND HIS CRONIES HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY THEMSELVES THE OUTLANDISH SALARIES THEY GET.:mad:

Terry, the weather played a major role with the attendance at the Winternationals. The NHRA still offers ticket discounts of $10 per event and you get the coupons with your membership package. I just received my renewal package a few weeks ago and the discounts were included.

Nascar can cut their ticket prices by 50%, and they are still higher then Nhra.

My 4 day reserved seat super pass for Norwalk is $130. My club level seat for a Sabres game is $136, and it's over 3 hours. If you divide price into hourly entertainment you can beat a day at the track.... Unless its raining

Somebody else that wants to ***** about anything and everything....seems to be a normal thing for some around here.

Paul hit the nail on the head, weather played a huge role in the attendence and yes, you still do get the $10 discount coupons.

I'm sure you blame Tom Compton for the weather now?

My Gators top row TEC ticket is $360. and well worth it!

Absolutely worth it....the Gators are going to be fantastic! I got 3 front row seats on Sunday at the starting line in the Northside Spectator section for less than $200 and can't wait!!

On a dollar per hour of watching track sweepers and driers, it was hard to beat the Winternationals.

PS: There's a key on the left side of your keyboard labeled "Caps Lock"...

Has any Brainerd go'ers gotten their reminder to re-order mail this year? I don't recall getting one but it could have gotten tossed, or stored and forgot about.

When is the deadline to re-order your seats from last year before they stop being reserved for you?

Did prices go up again?

Has any Brainerd go'ers gotten their reminder to re-order mail this year? I don't recall getting one but it could have gotten tossed, or stored and forgot about.

When is the deadline to re-order your seats from last year before they stop being reserved for you?

Did prices go up again?

BIR used to ask for pre-buy by 4/15 (tax day)....quite that years ago.
go in, buy ticket, sit whereever i want; haven't sat in same seat twice
in many years.

BIR used to ask for pre-buy by 4/15 (tax day)....quite that years ago.
go in, buy ticket, sit whereever i want; haven't sat in same seat twice
in many years.

Thankfully the security at Brainerd has been checking tix better in recent years...seat jumpers in our normal area are usually ratted out and asked to leave....

Say what you will but Nascar has been giving away tickets. I recieve emails from them and they offer a three race ticket with food and drink for $99.
You can't stand at the fence for three days for that price.

NASCAR is dying to get spectators in the venues ... there have been free tickets for this weekend's Nationwide Series race in Vegas floating around for weeks ... and I hear some grumbling that free tickets for the Cup race will be forthcoming today and tomorrow ... as the race is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being sold out.

LVMS does have a NASCAR ticket package for $99 ... you get 1 ticket for the Nationwide and Cup race this weekend, and 1 ticket to the Truck race in September. That is cheaper than 1 National Event weekend at ANY track.

Fontana has already lost one date. If they're not careful they could lose the other. The racing is dull, at best, on that track. The attendance has been bad every year for both dates recently. They were hoping by going to one date per year attendance would improve. Looks like it may not have.

They should give away tickets to the Nationwide races. Who wants to pay to see the same 4 or 5 guys dominate every race who aren't even "regulars" in the series. When the first and second place drivers (both Cup stars dabbling in the minor leagues) run 1-2 for 200 laps without ever passing each other, it makes for a boring race. DVR is great, FF through it in about 10 minutes.

NHRA should follow the lead of track owners like Bandimere, who have not raised prices for a few years now on renewals and also offer 3 month installment payments at the 1st of the year. There's no attendance problem at the Mile High Nationals. Another thing playing into that might simply be lack of major race facilities within a reasonable distance as well, considering Topeka, Phoenix, Dallas, etc. We see license plates from like Montana, Utah, South Dakota each year....

I guess I am going to have to call NHRA because in my yearly package I did not receive any discount coupons. I checked with 2 of my friends and they said the same thing. Maybe they put them in randomly or we are on their bad guy list so they don't send them to us. Will call them this morning. Thanks for the help.

Also with your membership there are some discounts on hotels and rental cars if you ask. We always ask and some that don't even 'offer' will give a 10 percent off car rental or something as they know of the event in town.
Not sure about all Nacar tracks, but the KS Speedway has either completely voided or deeply discounted parking fees and also allow people to bring in coolers of a certain size and allow beer and food. They didn't do all that the first several years and I think that has helped sell tickets. Gets expensive to pay 20.00 or whatever to park and then be forced to buy food at the track for a group/family of 4. I know some NHRA tracks allow coolers w/beer. Bristol and Carolina do for sure, so maybe that is a Bruton Smith thing. Either way, it sure helps make a little more affordable to bring your own snack IN and not have to hike back and forth to the car. Water, Pop, Beer,sandwiches, it all adds up at the end of the day.

Did prices go up again?

Nick, I did receive a renewal notice to have the same seats I had last year for BIR. Prices are the same as last year and it's due April 15.

:confused:Weather looks great ... but for what is normally a HUGE East Coast race, entries (other than Pros) are really weak.

NHRA National Event Entry Statistics

Gainesville used to be a 600+ car race, as of today 439 on the list. Entries close Monday. Super Stock and Comp less the 50% full? Stock isn't even full yet and that is unheard of at this race. TAD and TAFC are normally at max capacity, right now just barely full fields.

This is with a Divisional event there this weekend. I am certain D1 and D3 racers have had enough of this winter crap ... $4.50 / gallon diesel and soaring gasoline might be playing a bigger role in travel / race schedules this year more than ever.

Most of the D1 Points races get more than 439 cars without the Pros.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back