NHRA Announces 4-wide to return to Charlotte in 2011 (1 Viewer)

From the quote by Mr Compton on other web sites, he started off the meeting with the statement that NHRA was going to run a 4-wide points race...period.
So much for PRO having any input or influence on what can or will happen. Did anyone really think there would be any other action by the powerfull over the powerless?

he who has the most money gets to bully and set the rules......

to be honest I don't have a big issue if they do it once a season. I don't like it but 1 out of 23 races is fine. However with as many tracks and races that he has I don't see this sticking to just one. Vegas is supposedly ready to roll on adding 2 lanes so it would already jump to 4 races (2 at charlotte, 2 at Vegas).

I don't know if I would IMMEDIATELY jump to that conclusion.

I think one at Charlotte, one at Vegas.

And if someone wants to play at MY house, yeah, I get to make the rules, otherwise they can play across the street.............

REX

It is just another "My way or the highway!" pronouncement from 'the powers that be' in Glendora.

Would you expect anything less from the sanctioning body whose initials stand for...

N ever
H eed
R acer's
A ssessment

Last edited:
agree ... hence the 2 wide format for charlotte 2...that wouldnt be bad

As I read it on the Qualifying broadcast just a few minutes ago, only Charlotte in March.

One race out of 23.

And LVMS will stay two lanes (for now).

Absolutely nothing to be upset over at all, so the naysayers don't watch/go to one event.:cool:

I'm sure if the weather is good (and the economy does not get even worse, which I think it will) the grandstands will fill.

REX

As I read it on the Qualifying broadcast just a few minutes ago, only Charlotte in March.

One race out of 23.

And LVMS will stay two lanes (for now).

Absolutely nothing to be upset over at all, so the naysayers don't watch/go to one event.:cool:

I'm sure if the weather is good (and the economy does not get even worse, which I think it will) the grandstands will fill.

REX

you really think it will just stay at one:rolleyes:

So next year they run a shuttle relay cuz Bruton says and after all its his yard right.

I can live with one, hell they've wrecked the sport enough the past few years this is minor but you'd be a fool to think it stays at one. Not unless it flops next year (before they start building)

From the quote by Mr Compton on other web sites, he started off the meeting with the statement that NHRA was going to run a 4-wide points race...period.
So much for PRO having any input or influence on what can or will happen. Did anyone really think there would be any other action by the powerfull over the powerless?

doesn't surprise me as countdown arguements went the same way with him

ya know with the countdown though, the teams don't have to show up if they don't want to. lets see if they actually stand up for once or assume the typical toe touching pro position

Wow do I see several T shirts ideas:D

you really think it will just stay at one:rolleyes:

So next year they run a shuttle relay cuz Bruton says and after all its his yard right.

I can live with one, hell they've wrecked the sport enough the past few years this is minor but you'd be a fool to think it stays at one. Not unless it flops next year (before they start building)

Ahhhh............reading comp 101 PJ;)

Note what I wrote in Parenthesis "(for now)"

and preceding that, I wrote "One at Charlotte, one at Vegas"...........

But I think there was a concession made behind closed doors.

We may be at 2 in '012, and yes, I DO reserve the right to be a "fool":D

REX

BIG PROPS to Morgan Lucas for speaking his mind. Gary Geruld interviewd Moragn after his final qualifying run. Morgan told it like it should be. He does not care for it at all.:mad::mad:

BIG PROPS to Morgan Lucas for speaking his mind. Gary Geruld interviewd Moragn after his final qualifying run. Morgan told it like it should be. He does not care for it at all.:mad::mad:

I agree big time....

on another note.. i wonder what Coke had to say seeing how they are in bed BIG time with Bruton on the Cup side...

Billy

The only thing that will stop the 4-wide circus is for the fans to turn off the TVs and stay away from the track. If attendance thru the spectator gate is about 10 or 12 total on Friday you can bet Bruton Smith would shut down 4-wide before the gate opened on Sunday.

The funny part is that the NHRA may have unintentionally opened the door to a revolt.
If the Drivers/Owners/Sponsors feel strongly enough, they could sit out the race, and with the Countdown in place it may not matter.

Who's the first team going to be that gets a 22 Race package next year?

They always have the option of not showing up! ;)
With the way the points system is set up all they have to do is be in the top 10 after Indy.....:p
You are right they (NHRA) make the rules but ultimately it’s up to the team if they choose to show up, after all, it's only one race. Apparently this will be the only 4 wide race out of the 23 event schedule that was covered in the meeting and was stated on the air.
I don't think Bruton is going to push the issue at Vegas, I don't think he is that stupid.
What surprises me is the power Bruton thinks he has because he built a few nice tracks but what would his options be? Selling the tracks? Switching sanctioning bodies? It would be financial suicide!
Tracks are just the stores they showcase and sell a product at if theres no product the store closes!
I think Morgan Lucas made a valid point and he doesn't care what NHRA or Bruton Smith has to say. I have a little more respect for him after what he said.

man...I don't come here often any more because I 'm just too busy, but geeze.
It's not really that bad is it?

I think when you watch constantly , change is annoying. I haven't watched alot lately, and I really enjoyed the 4wide race. I was talking to a neighbor today who had the race on when I stopped over there, and the first thing he said was, did you watch the special deal at charlotte? oh the 4 wide I said.
It gets attention. It's not a bad thing people!

I mean if nascar can run two road courses a year, why can't nhra run two 4 wides a year.

Too me, 1000' is far more annoying than 4 wide, and everyone is still watching and going to the races.

Ok, Nhra said there would be a 4 wide race next year, what did the PRO get in return? If the answer is nothing...suckers

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back