New Nitro Testing Policy (1 Viewer)

Peej bruddah... How many match races will anyone in the top 10 attend this year? MAYBE four?

No Problem mon.......

Relax :)- all the Pros will still have more money than you and I. :D

true in years past. I would think that with the budget cuts teams have had from sponsors that they would be looking for a means to make that up. Match racing would have been an easy way to accomplish this. Beyond the appearance money they also sell all their stuff too I would think those could be nice paydays. Wilk did several last year. The Force crew has at least done Norwalk in years past as well as DSR, and CP/TP.

Maybe I'm wrong on this. I know if my boss told me I couldn't work after hours that I would not stand for it.

true in years past. I would think that with the budget cuts teams have had from sponsors that they would be looking for a means to make that up. Match racing would have been an easy way to accomplish this. Beyond the appearance money they also sell all their stuff too I would think those could be nice paydays. Wilk did several last year. The Force crew has at least done Norwalk in years past as well as DSR, and CP/TP.

Maybe I'm wrong on this. I know if my boss told me I couldn't work after hours that I would not stand for it.

PJ, teams don't make as much money as you would think especially if there is parts attrition. If there was $$ to be made you would have seen many more teams doing this in years past, which you did not see. I think the last time I personally saw big TF and FC teams showing up at a match race was in the early to mid 90's when E-Town had Team McDonalds vs. Team Fruit of a Loom. After that Force would usually show up once a year (outside of the National event) at E-Town until probably the late 90's when many of the top teams stopped match racing.

What constitutes "several"? More than 3? Less than 5? ;)

Firebird in Phoenix used to be notorious for having a few races during the year, but since the tour stays parked to the East most of the year now, there's alot more jet cars and monster trucks that come in instead of the Top 10 touring cars. That being the case, the "boss" isn't telling you what to do with your off hours, but it wouldn't be prudent to go work for the competition across the street now, would it?....

The more teams test and learn in other places, don't you think the chances of them learning to tune their stuff better so it doesn't blow up at a national event would be more in line with what NHRA and fans want concerning fewer oildowns? Shouldn't they prefer you doing that on someone else's "dime"?

If NHRA is that concerned with lowering costs, seems to me that Dale Armstrong's ideas would have been implemented before this limitation on testing.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back