New Nitro Testing Policy (2 Viewers)

Is NHRA going to be like youtube copyright attorneys now, looking for testing violators?

Why not just make the team owners fill out logbooks that show where the team is and what they're doing 24/7 like I have to in my job? Oh yeah, that's for the federal government! :rolleyes:

but a team that doesn't care about NHRA points can still be flagged as a flagrant violator. and then perhaps be fined.

Well at least someone is looking at it a little closer. I don't think they could write every possible scenario into the rule. I guess we'll have to see when a team runs 4 or 5 IHRA races, 3 match races and wants to run an NHRA race that has only 14 cars entered. The rule does state "may be subject to..." which in and of itself makes the rule subjective at that point (wiggle room for the NHRA rulemakers). Somehow I don't believe hurting the little guy is how the rule was intended or how it will be enforced.

Drag racing is going to end up like formula one , where the pro ranks is big money only and end up in a whole nother level and the little guys get left at the hobby level .

Kinda sucks for people like me , who want to oneday build/drive/crew chief a car of their own . I am 20 years old and have been taking driving lessons to get my car license so that I can get my drag racing license and go drag racing , I wan't to oneday race funny cars and yet everyday even though I live in New Zealand with the way drag racing is going in america my life ambition just looks further and further away .

I wonder what they are going to do next , as long as they are at 1000ft there will never be another nitro ET/Speed record again so whats next .

I wonder what they are going to do next , as long as they are at 1000ft there will never be another nitro ET/Speed record again so whats next .

William, the NHRA has stated if they go back to 1320ft the cars will be slower then they were prior to July 2008. Doug Kalitta's 4.42 and Schumachers's 337 will likely never be beat. Kind of like Bill Elliott's Daytona and Talladega records of 200+mph, they will never be broken again.

..."A team in violation of this testing policy will forfeit all NHRA Full Throttle points earned at the next NHRA National event at which the team participates."

In reality a lesser funded team isn't going to run all 24 events plus go to IHRA or many match races. So if they aren't going to run all 24 events and especially the ones during the countdown, who cares about the points. It's about going out, racing your best and putting other teams on the trailer.

I feel it affects everyone equally. If you're in it for the championship, you better not go test too much and forfeit points you can't afford to lose and if you can't afford to race for the championship, the points mean nothing!!!!!

Scenario:

Top Fuel peaks by Vegas 1, then the fall off starts and the fields for the majority of the year slip to 8-9 cars, including one or 2 low budget teams that suppliment their income with IHRA and match races around the country while making most of the NHRA national events. Oddly enough, the luck of the day falls on the low budget guys once or twice, and they are considered players in the Clowndown with a win or a couple of runner-ups.

Now these low buck teams have raced 6 or 7 match races (or, on a real limb, the team is Grubby or Hill, who are doing mostly match races and paying the bills, and come out for the Western Swing and happen to place in the points at all 3)... September comes and realistically, there are only a few cars on the tour, including the low-buck guys. But with their point deduction, the teams that could only stay out due to their double duty at IHRA or match races have points that normally would have put them in the Top 10, but due to the deductions, they are surpassed by teams that made it only as far as Vegas 1 and have been boxed up (or even sold) since then. So now the C/D is moot, because there are only 7-8 cars "legally" in the deal...

Yeah, its probably a zero-percent scenario, but obviously, stranger things ARE happening...:(

Just got home and saw this - so much for part-time retirement job!
I'm gonna mangle a classical reference and label this "Glendora's Box".
Will there be an NHRA Testing Czar . . . monitoring DRC, Compplus, DRO & Scoop for evidence of excessive testing? Or, will NHRA just wait for teams to rat each other out?
I guess I'm not surprised that NHRA has stepped on it's D$$$ again. Eliminating opportunities for teams to make a few bucks by racing at some of the long time match race shows and effectively preventing teams from giving an opportunity to promising new drivers is idiocy.

Label me even more disgusted than before - :mad:

what I'd like to know is which of 'Several Nitro Teams' thought that this would be a good idea. let's see, JFR has 4 cars, which means 16 days of testing and match racing... shoe has three, which equals 12 days... or is it just 3 days for the whole team? the displaced IHRA floppers on the other hand, means 3 days match racing only for the whole season... so, no added income to be able to go to 'national events' or no national events so they can just match race...

this is really making it hard to buy tickets for a race that might happen 9 months from now...

d'kid

Is it me or does it sound like a screwjob for IHRA/NHRA crossovers and teams trying to make a little survival money match racing.

Great job again NHRA? I'd like to know who they consulted in the Pro ranks, I would think its probably the well sponsored multi car conglomerates.

NHRA Mandates 2009 Testing Policy for Top Fuel and Funny Car Categories

I've been attending drag races since 1976 and now that I've been on both sides, it's clear as a bell that the NHRA is a selfish organization, period! They milk the sponsors, stick it to the fans, never upgrade their tracks and will NOT spend any money to grow the sport.(TV time). The NHRA doesn't pay drivers to promote the sport, they expect the sponsors to do it & us fans to keep coming, no matter what.

The thing is who would this be a plus for , it makes things worse for little guy teams and stuffs up the multi cars teams because it would take more then those days to test all their cars . The only teams it would be a plus for are the middle of the range teams because it would stop other teams coming in from outside the NHRA and it would restrict the big teams from testing and may give those mid of the range teams an edge.

Slow down a bit everyone. Go back and reread the rule and then think about how it applies to the smaller budget teams.

"A team in violation of this testing policy will forfeit all NHRA Full Throttle points earned at the next NHRA National event at which the team participates."

In reality a lesser funded team isn't going to run all 24 events plus go to IHRA or many match races. So if they aren't going to run all 24 events and especially the ones during the countdown, who cares about the points. It's about going out, racing your best and putting other teams on the trailer.

I feel it affects everyone equally. If you're in it for the championship, you better not go test too much and forfeit points you can't afford to lose and if you can't afford to race for the championship, the points mean nothing!!!!!

And BTW, everyone hear was complaining that the money guys get to test and it hurts the little guys. If you make a rule, it has to apply to everyone. Does anyone really think they would write a rule that says the big money guys can't test but the lesser funded teams can go run anywhere anytime. The rule had to limit testing anywhere, anytime to be effective

The NHRA makes rules that benefit the NHRA! The only money that is an issue is theirs! Testing helps, period! Sponsors have been lost, money spent on wrong parts, drivers not accustomed to new metal, etc...... Just like the imposed fuel crisis(there was none) it was a ploy to monopolize and dictate! They're gonna run the hard core fans away and NOT grow the sport, like is needed.

I really think that if a team doesn't want to spend money testing, then don't test... and if a team wants to make extra money match racing or running a different XHRA... it's not Glendora's problem... unless...

then that does bring up the anti-trust thing...

or...
sign them to a contract, screw the points, and the championship points horse pucky... and tell the truth... NHRA is a BOUGHT IN SHOW, with a script, and is no different than the WWE
I can deal with that... but be out front about it

d'kid

How can you accept that Karl?? What would Wally think? The Big Show reduced to nothing more than the same as steriod jackasses in leotards...

Guys/gals, while i don't agree with much of what NHRA is or isn't doing during this economic slowdown, I truly believe that they implemented this policy to BENEFIT the small guy. Without the ban, the few big teams that are left would have a huge advantage being able to test whenever they want while the small teams simply can't afford to!

Just my two cents...

Guys/gals, while i don't agree with much of what NHRA is or isn't doing during this economic slowdown, I truly believe that they implemented this policy to BENEFIT the small guy. Without the ban, the few big teams that are left would have a huge advantage being able to test whenever they want while the small teams simply can't afford to!

Just my two cents...

What your saying is a plus but what this rule does is makes it possible for NHRA to fine the little guys big time if they go off and do a match race to earn a little more money .

They would have been better off keeping the stupid test ban from last year and just changed it to still allow license pases , The NHRA should know who has licenses for what category and how many passes it takes to get a license so that wouldn't be hard to police .

This stupid rule they have now makes it completely NHRA or nothing and makes it that the little guys can't earn any money match racing or doing exhibition runs .

Well, y'all are complaining about something that doesn't affect 99.999% of ya directly or even indirectly. I myself being one that it does directly affect don't see much of a problem with it. There will still be testing albeit limited and many teams don't test anyway.

We will still go out and run our car like we always have and deal with any 'testing' issues as they arise. For those of you couch racers with your unlimited potato chip budgets, I hope you'll survive only being able to taste test new chips 4 times this year. But you have until Pomona to eat all you want! I sure hope it doesn't kill the potato chip industry like it has drag racing. :rolleyes:

And if match racing was supplementing my (our) income, don't you think we'd be doing a whole lot more of it. I sure do! :confused:

Well, y'all are complaining about something that doesn't affect 99.999% of ya directly or even indirectly. I myself being one that it does directly affect don't see much of a problem with it. There will still be testing albeit limited and many teams don't test anyway.

We will still go out and run our car like we always have and deal with any 'testing' issues as they arise. For those of you couch racers with your unlimited potato chip budgets, I hope you'll survive only being able to taste test new chips 4 times this year. But you have until Pomona to eat all you want! I sure hope it doesn't kill the potato chip industry like it has drag racing. :rolleyes:

And if match racing was supplementing my (our) income, don't you think we'd be doing a whole lot more of it. I sure do! :confused:

Lol got to love those kinds of posts , thanks for posting lol .

How can you accept that Karl?? What would Wally think? The Big Show reduced to nothing more than the same as steriod jackasses in leotards...

(Insert wise@$$ remark to your last line here...)

Didn't say I'd like it Martin, not in the least.... I said I could accept the truth, if that is truly what the truth is... And I really think, in the long run, that is what Glendora wants...

You also noticed a couple of post earlier, that this makes buying tickets for Richmond that much harder... All I want is Glendora to Man Up and state it is nothing but a show... and I won't waste money on a national event ever again.... divisionals yeah, hopefully, someone will book in a N/FC match race within a couple of hour drive... ;)

I'm finally at peace with whatever Glendora wants to do and be... They are no longer a non-profit organization, to get racers off the street and onto the track, They Are First and Foremost PROMOTERS...

d'kid

(Insert wise@$$ remark to your last line here...)

Didn't say I'd like it Martin, not in the least.... I said I could accept the truth, if that is truly what the truth is... And I really think, in the long run, that is what Glendora wants...

You also noticed a couple of post earlier, that this makes buying tickets for Richmond that much harder... All I want is Glendora to Man Up and state it is nothing but a show... and I won't waste money on a national event ever again.... divisionals yeah, hopefully, someone will book in a N/FC match race within a couple of hour drive... ;)

I'm finally at peace with whatever Glendora wants to do and be... They are no longer a non-profit organization, to get racers off the street and onto the track, They Are First and Foremost PROMOTERS...

d'kid

And we were worried about Feld/ ClearChannel.... :rolleyes:

Reading you loud and clear, K....

:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back