New NHRA Video Game (1 Viewer)

Bring back Main Event 2 and the Java (Crapplet) Applet.

Sure miss those 200 people trying to qualify for a 16 spot field. Those were the days.....:D

Berine where are you? lol

I will admit that, sadly, I'm just not a gamer. I don't have the paitence or skill.... for this game or any other. When I'm in the mood though, once in a while, I'll get it all set up.... I do the research to really try & run low ET of the world, like at Pomona, Dallas, Topeka...in perfect conditions.... but it NEVER works out, regardless of who's car it is. The car either burns the tires off before 60 feet or ends up in a hundred pieces at half-track. :)

I will admit that, sadly, I'm just not a gamer. I don't have the paitence or skill.... for this game or any other. When I'm in the mood though, once in a while, I'll get it all set up.... I do the research to really try & run low ET of the world, like at Pomona, Dallas, Topeka...in perfect conditions.... but it NEVER works out, regardless of who's car it is. The car either burns the tires off before 60 feet or ends up in a hundred pieces at half-track. :)

Chris, as one world famous crew chief once told us, it's all about finding your "tuning window."

Not to toot my own horn but I like to think of myself as the Austin Coil of the Countdown to the championship game. I can lay down a pretty good number :D

I always played MAIN EVENT with the keyboard; the joystick or wheel never panned out for me. I could run 4.51 at Chicago and eventually bumped the top speed to 332, the result of S-L-O-W-L-Y reducing wing angle.

4.78/318 was it for Funny Car, at Denver :eek:. And the ProStock disc that came with the game was barely worth playing. John Deere audio, and no knowledge of how PS clutches are set up.

Does anybody make a good Drag Racing or road racing game (Formula One or whatever) for the PC. Also, is the airplane flying/training game available any more?

I'm about to buy a new computer with a lot of horsepower and I'd like to try a PC based game. Never been very good with earlier games (I blame the equipment:) )

I use mine (PS2) to practice my reaction times in the dragster mode from the cockpit view. It works well. We have taken it to shows so the kids can try it but to often they roll right through the lights and it takes to much effort to teach people how to use it.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no new game. Personally, I think with the release of rFactor 2 nearing it would make for the base of a great drag racing game. The biggest challenge would be physics. rFactor is a completely modable gaming engine that allows those with the knowledge to essentially build a game from scratch, and this time rFactor 2 supports point to point racing. Maybe with this new feature there will be a group that makes drag racing happen, and best of all online racing is supported. For those who don't know what rFactor is, go to YouTube and check out some of what has already been done with Sports Cars and Open Wheel. It absolutely puts any previously released drag racing game to shame. I wish I knew how to create a mod for rFactor, I would've been working on a NHRA mod. The possibilities are endless.

Also, is the airplane flying/training game available any more?

I have MS Flight Simulator X loaded here. It's quite a program and guaranteed to drive you nuts getting it set up properly. You'll need that horsepower. This computer uses an Intel I5-750 quad-core processor, 8 megs of RAM and a 1G GForce video card. It's still not enough in all cases.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no new game. Personally, I think with the release of rFactor 2 nearing it would make for the base of a great drag racing game. The biggest challenge would be physics. rFactor is a completely modable gaming engine that allows those with the knowledge to essentially build a game from scratch, and this time rFactor 2 supports point to point racing. Maybe with this new feature there will be a group that makes drag racing happen, and best of all online racing is supported. For those who don't know what rFactor is, go to YouTube and check out some of what has already been done with Sports Cars and Open Wheel. It absolutely puts any previously released drag racing game to shame. I wish I knew how to create a mod for rFactor, I would've been working on a NHRA mod. The possibilities are endless.

Funny you mention rFactor... Me and my brother Shane actually have a Dragmod for rFactor prolly 85-90% done... Kinda lost interest after having to start and stop so much due to life in general... I will see if I cant come up with some screens to show you...

I am with Nick on the burnout game. Sure it wasn't perfect, but you could pick the car you wanted and make it run what you wanted. Believe it or not I would play it on the mornings I would be going racing and I think it helped. I had it set up for a dragster that ran 7.60's close to what I was running at the time and I would bracket race all morning. You had a transbrake and all. The best part was you could turn the view on it so you could finish line race. I thought it was awesome. I think i might still have it somewhere around here.

Just a thought

I was thinking of an idea for a new game as well. See if ya'll like this. The reason I hated all the newer games(even though I owned every one!!) Was that all you did was pick a car, set a tune up, and go race. I know it had to be that way for the everyday person to use it, but it got boring being #1 and winning all the time. Sometimes I would smoke the tires intentionally to see if I could get it to recover. Anyway I think a new racing game should be more like the sims in that you do more than just race. Make it where the driver can walk around the pits, or watch the crew work, sign autographs, walk up to the line and watch, etc.. Or make it where you can be just the crew chief and oversee everything. Make the adjustments and actually watch the car go down the track with the crew. The thing I hated is that being a driver myself I always wanted to be able to make the turn-off and get towed back to the pits on the game!! The driver could be in the pits and be called for driver intros and have so much time to get there....Stuff like that. Get yourself suited up and get in the car and then of course make the actual run. I am not a computer graphics or genius guy in any way, so I don't even know if it could be done. I think thats one way to get more people interested in it than just pick a car and race. I could finish a whole race in like 10 minutes or so on the other games. At least this way you could make it last like a hour of play for a full race. Don't make it where it takes up too much time, but I guess you could play it all night if you wanted. I would definitely buy it. What does everyone else think??? Or am I way in left field??

Re: Just a thought

The driver could be in the pits and be called for driver intros and have so much time to get there....Stuff like that. Get yourself suited up and get in the car and then of course make the actual run. I am not a computer graphics or genius guy in any way, so I don't even know if it could be done. I think thats one way to get more people interested in it than just pick a car and race. I could finish a whole race in like 10 minutes or so on the other games. At least this way you could make it last like a hour of play for a full race. Don't make it where it takes up too much time, but I guess you could play it all night if you wanted. I would definitely buy it. What does everyone else think??? Or am I way in left field??

I would buy a game like that for sure!!

Funny you mention rFactor... Me and my brother Shane actually have a Dragmod for rFactor prolly 85-90% done... Kinda lost interest after having to start and stop so much due to life in general... I will see if I cant come up with some screens to show you...

Awesome, definetly interested

I'm a big time gamer-and play in a few leagues. Just did 1971 F1 last nite-also race a Lotus Elan in another.
In real life, I race hillclimbs (one car at a time up a twisty mountian road) and like drag racing, seat time is limited + travel is expensive. It definately helpped my driving-it got my brain working faster.
Now if there was a good drag racing game, someone would have to build a racing cockpit-maybe an old front engine dragster frame. ;) Its not far fetch-check out this site for racing cockpits folks have built.
The Way I Play!

Look for me online-"Mr. Peabody" (get it?) :D

I'm a big time gamer-and play in a few leagues. Just did 1971 F1 last nite-also race a Lotus Elan in another.
In real life, I race hillclimbs (one car at a time up a twisty mountian road) and like drag racing, seat time is limited + travel is expensive. It definately helpped my driving-it got my brain working faster.
Now if there was a good drag racing game, someone would have to build a racing cockpit-maybe an old front engine dragster frame. ;) Its not far fetch-check out this site for racing cockpits folks have built.
The Way I Play!

Look for me online-"Mr. Peabody" (get it?) :D

You mean like this?

beck.jpg

I've topped out at 4.43 in TF and 4.65 in FC

Mike...you better step it up a bit! I have run a 4.58 in the FC, but Dom Lagana is the King. I think he has run a 4.56 or something in the FC and last night he sent a pic to my buddy of him going 4.409 in TF. Now I know he will be playing non stop til he gets in the 4.30's. He used to come over to my lounge last year every now and then and we would play for hours..lots of fun!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back