NHRA Main Event game for PC (1 Viewer)

Sean D, shondoo

Nitro Member
I realize with all the new Playstation stuff I'm a little behind the times, but I finally got a newer computer that is supposed to be able to handle this game, but I'm having some trouble.

Whenever I'm in eliminations and the opponent red-lights, it gives me the loss and won't allow me to advance. When I get to the end of the run, it flashes the big green "win!" sign on the screen, but it shows that I lost after that. It's kinda' aggravating because I'm finally getting the thing figured out to the point where I'm competitive.

I don't know jack about computers, and I can't find anything on the web for support, so I was just wondering if any of you had the same problem or have any input.

Thx,

Sean D

I have no idea of you setup, operating system, graphics adapter or anything but there was a patch released for the game. Some info is here: ValuSoft Technical Support Web Site

You should make a backup of the game (actually you "should" backup your entire system daily), and then try the patch. It may not be soecific to your operating system but since it is a game patch and not an operating system patch it may work. You should reboot after installing it regardless of whether or not it recommends it.

You may or may not also have to update your graphics adapter or direct X software (Microsoft update), but I would start by simply backing up and applying the game patch. Backup first so if it doesn't work or help you can put it back the way it is (which is at least somewhat functional).

Info on the patch (copied from the link):

NHRAPS110.exe Fixes:

- Fixed the red light issue. The player should now be granted the win when the AI opponent red-lights.
- Racepak tunes should now be allowed to be saved and read in Racepak by the player
- Fixed issue when the game would sometimes not proceed past a certain point in season.
- Fixed issue when the ignition key is pushed several times and the car will stall.
- Fixed issue when the sounds for the events were not working all the time.
- Fixed issue in Qualification mode not counting ET when player/AI red-lights.
- Fixed issue when game does not terminate correctly when the client is launched first.
- Fixed the older version of NHRA installed error.

After you have the patches you will need to install them. Below are some basic instructions on how to install it.

1) First make sure that NHRA 2 and ProStock are both installed to your computer.
2) Double click on the patch. (NHRAPA110.exe)
3) Then follow the onscreen instructions.

I have no idea of you setup, operating system, graphics adapter or anything but there was a patch released for the game. Some info is here: ValuSoft Technical Support Web Site

You should make a backup of the game (actually you "should" backup your entire system daily), and then try the patch. It may not be soecific to your operating system but since it is a game patch and not an operating system patch it may work. You should reboot after installing it regardless of whether or not it recommends it.

You may or may not also have to update your graphics adapter or direct X software (Microsoft update), but I would start by simply backing up and applying the game patch. Backup first so if it doesn't work or help you can put it back the way it is (which is at least somewhat functional).

Info on the patch (copied from the link):

NHRAPS110.exe Fixes:

- Fixed the red light issue. The player should now be granted the win when the AI opponent red-lights.
- Racepak tunes should now be allowed to be saved and read in Racepak by the player
- Fixed issue when the game would sometimes not proceed past a certain point in season.
- Fixed issue when the ignition key is pushed several times and the car will stall.
- Fixed issue when the sounds for the events were not working all the time.
- Fixed issue in Qualification mode not counting ET when player/AI red-lights.
- Fixed issue when game does not terminate correctly when the client is launched first.
- Fixed the older version of NHRA installed error.

After you have the patches you will need to install them. Below are some basic instructions on how to install it.

1) First make sure that NHRA 2 and ProStock are both installed to your computer.
2) Double click on the patch. (NHRAPA110.exe)
3) Then follow the onscreen instructions.

Man, after reading your response, I had several of the other issues, but never really payed that much attention. I was too caught up in the red-light deal.

Thanks for the info, Ted! I'll give it a shot.

Sean D

Ted, I used the link for the patch and it appears to have fixed the issue. I only ran a couple of races, so I don't know if some of the other stuff is taken car of, but the red-light deal is handled.

Thanks again, man!

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back