New Drag Strip In Lake Havasu, Az (1 Viewer)

ScojoDak

Nitro Member
WOO HOO! 65 miles away at 448 foot elevation. No more Las Vegas (108 miles away @ 2181 ft elevation) & Phoenix (195 miles away @ 1124 ft elevation). Not certain for sure, but have heard rumors that the Lucas Oil Family may be involved. I do know NHRA has extended their interest in it.

Lake Havasu Raceway Expected To Open By 2016

I believe it was eight years ago some group of investors started selling lots for a racing community. They had done a lot of dirt work for road coarse, speedway and drag strip. Maybe someone from that area can shed some light on this, maybe same location since they had most of dirt work done

Got Ca$h?

BTW... NHRA extended their interest in it, as they do with any proposed drag racing facility, IHRA should do the same.

Hoping this goes through on behalf of all racers in throughout the Southwest.

Based on recent press releases, I see IHRA investing in this project. But cannot see NHRA offering capital.

If IHRA jumps, that will give them two in the state. They are making improvements in Tucson- slow probably due to the constant turnover of operators, but progressive. Having someplace else to run in that sanctioning body would be great for us (although Havasu is probably the hottest place I have ever been in my life, including the Mojave and the Middle East!!)

Hopefully it doesn't end up just being a sign in the desert like "Drag City."

DragCity-sign.jpg

This one?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back