Muldowney Files For Divorce (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the big deal here? 50% of all marriages are currently failing. Don't get me wrong I do not support divorce in today's world under most circumstances. Moist women make the decision long before you see any paperwork and getting it back on track is very difficult.

This stuff belongs in the National Enquirer or one of those rags, I'm suprised no one brought up her first divorce yet.

And now back to Drag Racing?

lets not focus on who and when it was reported, we would all find out eventually. this just sucks period. hopefully they both can move on from this, i feel for shirley shes been through so much in her storied career now this. and hopefully the stress wont affect rahns job as a tuner.

It was an overcast day and everyonne was excited to see her. She never left the truck except to get in the car and run. Several people tried to get her to at least roll down the window and sign an autograph or something. Wasn't gonna happen. She just waved everyone away or ignored them all together and looked like she was completely annoyed by it all. Sorry, but you don't "big time" your fans and expect to keep them. I stopped being a fan right there.

Shirley was never really good with the fans and that's one of the reasons why she spent so many years looking for a sponsor....

You ever see the nasty side of Shirley?
Great Point!! They have been together for 26 years and that sure beats most of the stats the general public can put up. I don't know how he put up with her mean side for even a part of those years. She can be mean and vindictive and she's not very well liked at all by a lot of folks because of her mouth. Kalitta's success is due to Rahn Tobler, not Shirley Muldowney and if push came to shove, who would get the boot off the team?

Whats the big deal here? 50% of all marriages are currently failing. Don't get me wrong I do not support divorce in today's world under most circumstances. Moist women make the decision long before you see any paperwork and getting it back on track is very difficult.

Not all moist women are like that.:D

Shirley was never really good with the fans and that's one of the reasons why she spent so many years looking for a sponsor....

I think that Shirley wasn't very good with the sponsors and thats why she spent so many years looking for them. (i.e. ass kissing etc...)

Kalitta's success is due to Rahn Tobler, not Shirley Muldowney and if push came to shove, who would get the boot off the team?

I can see this being somewhat true for the past couple of seasons, but Doug has been highly competitive for the better part of 6-7 years now.

I may be confused but weren't there 1 or 2 Kallitas with some success even before Rahn or Doug?

Shirley is a world renowned bitch from what I have heard. I know someone that was negotiating with her to buy a car hauler in the late 80s and he told me stories about her that would piss just about anyone off. To be honest, I am surprised that Rahn stuck around as long as he did. The fact that she issued a press release with details shows what kind of person that she is. She was a great driver and she helped drag racing grow at a time when they really needed someone like her. I respect her for that.
You be sure and make a national event in 2007..oh and stop by the Kalitta camp and relay your inside information to her ok?

Sorry about the moist, I meant to type most. What is not fair is the two other fuel racers who used to bring their girlfriends to the Eastern races year after year. If your going to flame Rahn you really should add there names to your list.

can we not turn this into a hate or blame thread , this is a persons private life we are talking about here . We should at least try to be a bit respectful

I may be confused but weren't there 1 or 2 Kallitas with some success even before Rahn or Doug?

I have to admit that when I first heard Rahn Tobler had been named crew chief for Doug, I assumed it was a figure head position only for PR. Perhaps a package deal of a position for him in exchange for the sponsorship Shirley brought. Having said that, the job he did this year was amazing. He took a car (camp) notorious for winning on good tracks and smoking the tires on hot slick tracks and made them a serious contender on ALL tracks in ALL conditions. He was one incredible run away from an additional championship for himself and Doug’s first championship. I know he wasn’t the only one involved but with the exception of the LaHai years, this is the most consistent they have run.:)

There is no question about Tobler's contribution in the last few years. But Rahn and even Dicko worked for Connie and that is where the success starts, make no mistake.

I thought this thread should go away about a page back. If you think it is important/relative to drag racing maybe the lounge would be a more appropriate spot for it, as I see the destruction of a marriage (whomevers) a non issue relative to NHRA drag racing (unless she gets to keep his brain in the settlement).

I think the press release should go in the news section,the commentary should be edited out,and the whole issue treated with the respect it deserves.It's nobody's business to speculate on the particulars of this issue,or to place blame.

I think the press release should go in the news section,the commentary should be edited out,and the whole issue treated with the respect it deserves.It's nobody's business to speculate on the particulars of this issue,or to place blame.

You have NHRA.com and IHRA.com for fluff, rah-rah, and press releases. The people on those sites are very good at what they do and I would guess that they would like to do in depth reporting, but the powers above them are not going to let them. No way are you going to see them put there organizations or members in a bad light. What do you have left to get hard news. Newspapers? Las Vegas is about the only one. E-zines? Bennett and Burk are good. Message boards? If you want more that is where you go. If not there is no need for them because the others have it covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back