Muldowney Files For Divorce (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad, but there was talk in the pits at the Finals last Nov. about something like this eventually happening. All I know is, it sure wasn`t Shirley I saw getting out of Rahns rental at the Ontario Doubletree after Friday qualifying.

Rich and Kelly,

This was a prepared statement sent to us. Otherwise we wouldn't have reported it.

Bobby, as you know, I'm a BIG supporter of your web site. I was sure that it was a prepared statement. That wasn't my concern that you reported it...it's the speculation that followed..the gossip that's the issue. It was the first post here...I haven't read the statement but I'm sure that "cheating" wasn't in it. So why did that come up here, right off the bat?

I really dont want to get myself involved in someone else argument , but if you read the article it states that muldowney discovered her husband was having a relationship with a paramour . Paramour means an adulterous woman or mistress according to a dictionary site.

There aren't any winners in a situation like this one. I'm not real sure I like it that Shirley chose to go public and elaborate for the reason for the divorce, but she has never been known to pull her punches. Just remember, though, there are two sides to every story.

To be honest I really don't think this is any of our business , but obviously something big happened for her to publicaly release a statement

If Pairs Hilton went to church it would get reported.. so whats so wrong about Shirley filing for divorce... its news.. and sooner or later it would get published!

People get divorced every day.. People with more money and better known than her and it makes the headlines... Personally I feel bad it happened, but don't see any reason for it to be kept 'Top Secret" !

what is the website for Muldowney

I went to google, looked for Muldowney website.
Muldowney.com is no longer on the web.
sorry to hear about this divorce.

Very unusual choice of words... Very unusual.

I feel sorry for all involved. Stuff like this is always difficult. Many of us I am sure have "been there and done that". Hopefully whatever they decide will just happen and life can move on rather than creating a whirlwind of gossip and inuendo.

Rich,

I haven't read the statement but I'm sure that "cheating" wasn't in it. So why did that come up here, right off the bat?

Perhaps if you'd read the statement and checked the meaning of the word "paramour" you wouldn't be so surprised about the comments here about "cheating."

Hey bro..you were the one that made the negative comments about his ezine. I am just sticking up for a friend!
End of story.........
where in the hell did I make a negative comment???? reread the post!! I said he had a nice site!!!! dont put words into my mouth!! I said there is some stuff that we dont need to know. If I would have been paying more attention I would have seen that it was a press release from her attorney, so it is my fault for not having a sharper eye. didn't make a negative comment towards him, end of story!!!

Guess I'm not rooting for Rahn and Doug to get the championship anymore. Sorry Doug - the only reason I was rooting for you before was because Mr. Muldowney was your crew chief.
Hope we still see Shirley attend the races. She is and always will be my all-time favorite. She is simply, the best.

This shows the difference between responsible internet participation and irresponsible.

A few people have known about this for a while. Thankfully,
the rumor mongering folks that don't last long on responsible message boards, were not among those few.

I can remember when Shirley & Rahn were first married. There were those who said it would never last. To their credit, it lasted 18 years.

This is sad news indeed.

It was a good idea to put out a press release and get this out in the open; it helps to stop the speculation and rumor mongering. After the dust settles, let's hope all can move on in peace with out this turning into a soap opra.

Last edited:
I've seen the nasty side of Shirley. I was around 15 years old and she was at SIR in Kent Wa. for the Northwest Open. Must have been around 1974. They had the English Leather backing at the time.

It was an overcast day and everyonne was excited to see her. She never left the truck except to get in the car and run. Several people tried to get her to at least roll down the window and sign an autograph or something. Wasn't gonna happen. She just waved everyone away or ignored them all together and looked like she was completely annoyed by it all. Sorry, but you don't "big time" your fans and expect to keep them. I stopped being a fan right there.

I realize her accomplishments and struggles and will give her respect where it is due. She simply left me and alot of others "cold" toward her that day.

I would never condone anyone cheating on a spouse. I've been on the recieving end of that and its not a good feeling at all. I feel terrible for her in that respect. Like a previous poster mentioned, there is 2 sides to every story. I doubt we will ever hear Rahn's side. What would be the point.

To have a press release about this in the first place tells me alot about the person involved.

I realize that this will not be recieved well by her legions of dedicated and loyal fans and I honestly wish her the best in a difficult time but I think she should have refrained from announcing it in this manner. It should have been kept private for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back