More Brian Lohnes please (2 Viewers)

sammi

Nitro Member
I am really enjoying hearing Brian Lohnes calling sportsman racing on NHRA.COM. Very fresh voice and really paints a great word picture.

Brian is great. Joe Costello and his incesant nonsense rambling makes me angry as hell! I like his interviews on WFO but as an anouncer NOT!

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words. We all show up every race aiming to do a great job. I'm fortunate enough to be on the majority of the races this year. I am also doing some NMCA and NMRA stuff as well. BangShift is still my "real" job.

I'd be lying if I said the 18 year old kid that picked up the mic at New England Dragway test and tune nights didn't harbor an impossible dream for this to someday be his life.

See ya in Topeka!

I'm honored to just be in the same car with you...:D

Bob Kirkbride, Your comments about Joe are uncalled for. I'm sure that there are people that dont care for my announcing and thats fine as you well know, you cant please everyone but Joe does a very good job on the PA and has a style of his own that pleases a lot of people but for you to come on here and bad mouth him is just wrong. If we all announced like Brian(we should be so lucky) the PA would become very boring in a hurry..

I have watched Brian on Bangshift and I burned a couple of weekends with he and Chad's March Meet coverage. When I heard him call stock and superstock at Indy last year, I thought "this guy gets it and he really enjoys the cars and their drivers." A good announcer can make you come to fence to watch a U/Stocker

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back