NHRA Insider (1 Viewer)

Chili

Nitro Member
Listening to the latest NHRA insider podcast with Brian Lohnes tonight and look to see some big news from Pomona this weekend. A good possibility of Joe Maynard adding a funny car team. Personally I would love to see Beckman get the ride if it were to happen. They mentioned changes within the Tasca and Wilkerson teams as early as this weekend. Also maybe some significant sponsor announcements involving the funny car class. I’m going to guess that Neff is leaving Tasca and going to TF. But will it be Prock or TSR? I have no idea what could be going on with Wilkerson but it should be good news. He mentioned in Vegas that he was working on stuff for 2023. They also mentioned a change coming to KB racing. I do believe that Ken Black has sold the operation to I’m guessing Eric Latino/Titan Racing engines. KB was giving out free KB racing shirts in the pits on Saturday in Vegas. I figured they were just getting rid of inventory before they are no more. Also a new major sponsorship announcement for Erica and possibly even Coughlin. Recently licensed AFuel racer Lyle Barnett could also be in top fuel at some point in the near future. I talked to him in Las Vegas that it was a real possibility and they mentioned that on the show as well. Robert Hight will have AAA on the car in 2023 but not as a full time sponsor.

Last edited:
Very well could be. Barnett is not independently wealthy so I doubt it would be his own team. My first thought was him driving a Scott Palmer dragster. He fits in real good with the Palmer “outlaw” image.

Listening to the latest NHRA insider podcast with Brian Lohnes tonight and look to see some big news from Pomona this weekend. A good possibility of Joe Maynard adding a funny car team. Personally I would love to see Beckman get the ride if it were to happen. They mentioned changes within the Tasca and Wilkerson teams as early as this weekend. Also maybe some significant sponsor announcements involving the funny car class. I’m going to guess that Neff is leaving Tasca and going to TF. But will it be Prock or TSR? I have no idea what could be going on with Wilkerson but it should be good news. He mentioned in Vegas that he was working on stuff for 2023. They also mentioned a change coming to KB racing. I do believe that Ken Black has sold the operation to I’m guessing Eric Latino/Titan Racing engines. KB was giving out free KB racing shirts in the pits on Saturday in Vegas. I figured they were just getting rid of inventory before they are no more. Also a new major sponsorship announcement for Erica and possibly even Coughlin. Recently licensed AFuel racer Lyle Barnett could also be in top fuel at some point in the near future. I talked to him in Las Vegas that it was a real possibility and they mentioned that on the show as well. Robert Hight will have AAA on the car in 2023 but not as a full time sponsor.
Ive seen maynard hang with ron capps crew on starting line every run,id say thats the team he is buying

Ive seen maynard hang with ron capps crew on starting line every run,id say thats the team he is buying
While it’s possible, they have shared hospitality all season so they are kind of teammates while not affiliated. This car if it happens, would be an additional team to NHRA.

each year really happy to hear that wilk and team keep coming back for more.......wouldn't surprise me to see tim exit the cockpit soon though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back