Monostrut... (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
Figure its an off week, so...

What happened to this "Wave of the Future of Drag Racing"...:rolleyes:

Figure its an off week, so...

What happened to this "Wave of the Future of Drag Racing"...:rolleyes:

There is an article of the Kloeber monostrut in Custom Car magazine this month (UK Custom, rod and drag mag). Pictures of the chassis with monostrut on it aswell. They also showed predicted airflow etc. The article was by CFD who did the research and design into the monostrut and are based in Brackley, England.

If i can get to a scanner i will post it up.

Here is the CFD website: http://www.cfd-online.com and the Custom Car website: http://www.customcarmag.com

There is an article of the Kloeber monostrut in Custom Car magazine this month (UK Custom, rod and drag mag). Pictures of the chassis with monostrut on it as well.

If i can get to a scanner i will post it up.
Daniel
There are no IF's about it... Get it done ASAP and load it up... :rolleyes: I'm waiting... :)

Yeah, great topic Martin, what's next?? Gun Control?? :eek:
You know, I think you did this just to twist that blade a lil more... SOB!! :D

Yeah, great topic Martin, what's next?? Gun Control?? :eek:
You know, I think you did this just to twist that blade a lil more... SOB!! :D

Well, the dogs were scratching at some pics of Shamu last week, so it's probably about time for the giant backhoe arm to make its appearance... Whoops, did I say that in my out loud voice??:rolleyes: :D

Well, the dogs were scratching at some pics of Shamu last week, so it's probably about time for the giant backhoe arm to make its appearance... Whoops, did I say that in my out loud voice?? :D
You know, it's very funny you should mention that, because even though I called it a whale tail, which has turned into whalegate or a whale tale... :D I have always thought it does look like a front loader arm with the big bucket raised up from the side... :eek: Coincidence?? :rolleyes: Caterpillar- get it??

When they tested with it in Gainesville, let's just say they weren't thrilled with the results. Ask Hot Rod about it when you see him at the track.

Alan

The great thing about it is that it helps the car to track straight and you don’t have to worry about one side of the struts collapsing and jetting you off to the side of the track. But the real problem is cross wind, when it hits the tail and tries to push the rear end sideways. Now, do that at 200 mph when you are in the confines of no cross wind because of the bleachers, and the exit into it at the end of the bleachers. Hot Rod got a few splinters because there is no seat cushion to clinch up to when that happens. Alan might be right about seeing the end of it... but I am still hopefull something might be discovered here in the near future and it works out like it could.

Martin,

Are you in Dallas tonight with Erykah Badu at the Dallas Museum of Art?

No, Suzie... Previous commitment to Mr. Parsons and band, plus the Erykah show is her little jazz ensemble.. If I was there, you would know it though!! Have to get out with you and Mace sometime in the future- and I'm missing E-Town because of another show :(

OK, so.

Educate me here.

It would seem that a big piece of the problem is that big airfoil panel assembly covering the basic strut support system itself.

So, although I know that the car owners would LOVE to have the additional acreage to put more sponsor's decals, is that cover assembly truly neccesary?

Why not leave the struts exposed, (as they are now,) and cut down on the side profile??

No, Suzie... Previous commitment to Mr. Parsons and band, plus the Erykah show is her little jazz ensemble.. If I was there, you would know it though!! Have to get out with you and Mace sometime in the future- and I'm missing E-Town because of another show :(

Oh man! I wanted to introduce you to my brothers and my mom, Sue "O"! Oh well, if you come to the race in Dallas, we can hook up there. Have a good show!

OK, so.

Educate me here.

It would seem that a big piece of the problem is that big airfoil panel assembly covering the basic strut support system itself.

So, although I know that the car owners would LOVE to have the additional acreage to put more sponsor's decals, is that cover assembly truly neccesary?

Why not leave the struts exposed, (as they are now,) and cut down on the side profile??

DING, DING, DING...AND WE HAVE A WINNER- On both counts... The "Why" and the Why Not"....:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back