Models in interviews (1 Viewer)

I'm certain that person's activities are written into a long term Traxxas contract .... and that if Traxxas doesn't like the effect, then they will take it out of the T&C's. The NHRA, once upon a time a long time ago, either thought this up on their own or was asked by the sponsor at that time .... ever since then it has been the sponsor's call, that I am certain of. If they didn't want it, they may pay a little less and it wouldn't be there. Just like that sponsor wouldn't be there if NHRA wasn't paying the bill for ESPN. It's sorta amazing that people are so willing to complain about sponsor demands ... they are paying for part of the sport we enjoy, let em do what they think works for them.

If it helps stroke the ego of the sponsor to let their rep hand over a trophy and stand there for the TV interview, so be it. Hopefully it helps them see a return in investment on their sponsorship - the same way the trend with drivers now is to thank their sponsor company's people rather than just the company itself.
That said, it is surprising NHRA doesn't have a logo backdrop for interviews at the top end.

Handing over the trophy is no big deal and should be the sponsor doing it. Get the photo op, it is then the cramming and awkwardness of putting 17 people into the frame afterwards that takes away from the product placement benefit.

Nevermind. It dawned on me that is the IndyCar mascot.

It is actually the Firestone mascot. IndyCar has no control over the mascot, just like the Sparkplug mascot that runsa round Nascar.

The sponsors are requesting and/or providing all this eye candy, and if they think it works, then let them do it.

That would be Jackie Becke. I miss her! .

Yup, that's her. She was such a sweetheart. Was equally good with kids and the more aged kids. Classy all the way.

I personally can't imagine it being so distracting or otherwise offensive to complain about it here.

I still feel strange watching the awkward scene that plays over and over every race. I keep waiting for it to become a smoother, more flavorful, less-filling winner interview.
I remember when Winston would hand out packs of smokes at the races. Things change. So can this.
I still get an image of some mom somewhere seeing her family in a photo with the Traxxas girls, realizing only then why dad was so excited about getting remote control cars. Let's face it, those things are priced for adults with adult-sized toy budgets. They need boobies to sell them to grown men. I don't fault them for their marketing style. I just want to see racing when I watch a race. I know where to find nekkie girls when I want them.

... if they think it works, then let them do it.

If a tight tank top got someone to buy a type of motor oil, I guess it does work? (the tight tank top I mean, not the motor oil)

I just don't get the BS that goes on handing the award to the driver at the topend.
Isn't there an award photo shoot near the tower after all the smoke has cleared and fans are gone? Why don't the sponsors get there moment in the spotlight then.

I just don't get the BS that goes on handing the award to the driver at the topend.
Isn't there an award photo shoot near the tower after all the smoke has cleared and fans are gone? Why don't the sponsors get there moment in the spotlight then.

Because that's not televised.

like Andy said, those are not televised. You pay the money to sponsor and want the maximum amount of eyes to see. At the top end is where that happens

Its like in NASCAR with that dingbat bobblehead looking Miss Sprint Cup smiling and not having a clue whats going on. NHRA be the same way. Oh Well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back