Mike Henry Shifts Gears With Youth Program & New Focus (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]D&M Racing’s Mike Henry, will again drive his Kustom Koffins 1981 Camaro in 2009 but he’ll make some changes when he switches to the West Coast Pro Gas Association to head up “A Gas”. The tough economic times have hit everyone and in order for the San Francisco based team to continue being one of the best, they had to restructure their 2009 plans. Instead of racing the ultra competitive top sportsman class they’ll be focusing in on an “A Gas” championship. This will enable them to attend all of the events without putting too big of a hit on their budget. The Pro Gas Association will host local events ending with the Governor’s Cup in Sacramento, Ca.

The team has also started Racing 4 Life, INC. a youth program that will introduce “at risk” Bay Area youth to motor sports and provide them with the basic tools to get into any industry. A couple of the students will also work with the team at select events. The team’s website D & M Auto Race team drag racing has also been changed for this exciting new program. “Today’s youth need all the resources they can get their hands on, which will give them more opportunities in life. I’ve always worked with the youth and it’s just great to see these kids happy! At the last race of the year I heard a voice screaming my name as we towed down the return road and it was a little boy no more than 6years old whom I signed a hero card for earlier in the year. Once back at the pits he and I had an in-depth conversation about having his own area in his dad’s garage where he puts his favorite driver’s pictures and that mine was up there. He was so happy to see me, as I was to see him and that’s what it’s all about, making a difference in someone else’s life”. Mike Henry

After having a very successful 08’ season the D&M Racing team will again put their T&S Enterprises built 565ci BBC “Giant Killer” tuned by the nitrous guru Pat Watson at the top of the class while putting on spectacular shows for the fans. After putting the car in the low 7 second range they’ll put it in the sixes on one stage by the end of the year. Kustom Koffins Apparel will also be sold at the events and on Koffin Apparel. Racing 4 Life, Inc. is a non profit and relies on donors to help give these youth the help they so desperately need.

Please log on to D & M Auto Race team drag racing for more information.

Attachments

• IMG_4352.jpg
    IMG_4352.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2,273
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back