Fresh off Pinks Quick 8 Win, Henry goes R/U (1 Viewer)

Mike Henry's D&M Racing team headed into the 41st Annual Governor's Cup looking to win after taking home a Quick 8 win at PINKS ALL OUT. Again, it would be up to his driving ability and team work if the were going to get the job done. Nitrous tuner Pat Watson was on hand consulting with the tune-ups and working with 14yr old crew chief Mike Henry III to get the car down the track. The team posted a best mph of 198.9 at 7.21 as they attempted to get after it on the front half of the track. Along the way to the finals Henry took out points leader Mike Doushgounian and collected the $200 bounty money that was posted on him. In the finals it was Bruce Sanders in his 1968 blown Camaro that would take the stripe as the 1981 Kustom Koffin Camaro stalled when the lights dropped.

"We've been struggling on the front half, just getting the car to go and we tried a few things that showed some improvement. We've been real Conservative out the hole, not trying to beat the car up but next season we'll get pretty aggressive now that we have a handle on the engine program. We're only off by a little and I know if we can pick up some financial help over the winter we'll be in a championship hunt for 2011. I just have to thank my wife and kids for supporting me on this deal which gives me the drive to keep on going', says Mike Henry.

"We also had a pretty special guy with us this weekend from WyoTech, Dan Volkert, a stand out student was very helpful to us and we appreciate his efforts. Hopefully we can build a relationship with the school to give other students the same opportunity that Dan had. We are always trying to give back as much as we can because as a "shoe string budget" team we know how tough it is trying to get and keep something going". Mike Henry

The D&M Racing Team would like to thank:
Gotelli Speed Shop
Kustom Koffin Apparel
DXL Transport
IBEW Local 6
Discount Brake & Automotive
All the friends, family and community for their support!

Please visit D & M Auto Race team drag racing
and PSDCA

Attachments

• gov%20cup%20pic.jpg
    gov%20cup%20pic.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 75
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back