Mike Henry Prepares for 6.90 Slammers (1 Viewer)

Driver and owner of the D&M Racing Team, Mike Henry is getting ready for 2012 in a major way. Henry who has been competing in the Pro Slammers Door Car Association's 7.00 class will change power plants for next season when the class lowers the index to 6.90. Henry who was the runner up in the 2011 points chase finished the season off with another big win at the Governor's Cup Championships held at Sacramento Raceway. His 1981 Camaro that used to have a 565ci single stage nitrous system will now harness a 773ci Pat Mus 4 stage EFI monster that is sure to give the team what they need. Henry recently had Bunker Race Cars update the chassis to be able to handle the big horsepower that this engine is capable of and is eager to test.

"I decided to step up the cubic inch for next year so we can run good and not have to lean on our equipment. The 565 got us by, running 7.0s consistently but sometimes you just have to step your game up. Pat's EFI system will definitely make for a more consistent program and with the help of some of the best nitrous tuners in the industry, I know we can have some fun. We are planing on running in next years Street Car Super Nationals, so during the year we can get some good baselines as well as step up the power a little at a time", Henry says.

Mike Henry will again have his son Michael Henry III as crew chief, wife Deneitra and daughter Mieshael on board as they make a run at the 1st 6.90 Pro Slammers championship. They will begin testing in February at Famoso and Infineon Raceway and the teams schedule should be posted soon. I've watched them and I see what kind of hard work and dedication this team puts into their program so I know they will be a major force in the Pro Slammers Door Car Association. I still amazes me when I see a team like this with no budget make things happen, get creative with their program and also take time out to give back to their community. Got to love them.

Please visit www.mikehenryracing .com

Attachments

• mike henry gov pic.jpg
    mike henry gov pic.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 598
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back