lucas oil top end reporter (1 Viewer)

ramblerjay

Nitro Member
she really has her work cut out for her to become a good reporter. i just watched the englishtown LODRS broadcast. she referred to one man by a wrong name, called TAD top fuel, and made a lot of goof ups during the broadcast. it even made dave and bob seem a bit uncomfortable. hopefully she can put it together in the future. it was really awkward to watch and listen to.

In other words, a female Paul Page. :p

Hope they keep her and she gets better, she's easy on the eyes at least.

I missed the LODRS race brodcasts, Did they get rid of Julie Atchison.

Julie is married to IHRA Alcohol Funny Car World Champion Rob Atchison.

she was also doing IHBA brodcast also

I missed the LODRS race brodcasts, Did they get rid of Julie Atchison.

Julie is married to IHRA Alcohol Funny Car World Champion Rob Atchison.

she was also doing IHBA brodcast also

She just had a baby about a month ago,she's also a weather person here in southern ontario. She does a great job in the pits.

How about we get real top end reporters that know what they're talking about, instead of being used as visual entertainment with little intelligence?

How about we get real top end reporters that know what they're talking about, instead of being used as visual entertainment with little intelligence?

That applies to more than drag racing.

Remember the whole Suzy Kolber (that you know I just loved:rolleyes:) thing on ESPN last year? :rolleyes:

I can't get ESPN2 here so i'll have to scout around for internet pictures. They had European drag races on TV in the past with a real lovely reporter chick who seemed to do a good job.

i've been keeping up with her and she had really impressed me for the job she had done at the few races she was at until e-town. hopefully she bounced back with a good showing in norwalk.

i actually felt sorry for her when she said something to manzo to the effect that he was running off pace (after running a few low et's of the meet). i know she was playing off what she was hearing in her ear talking about manzo running off pace for himself, but the look he gave her was priceless. not to mention she had been chasing him all day and not getting an interview. i was like, wow, she really doesn't know what she just said to the 'man'.

if she wants to do her homework, i'm sure there's a certain .com that has a lot of alky racers more than willing to help her get up to speed, but i'm not spilling the beans on what the webpage is.....;)

she really has her work cut out for her to become a good reporter. i just watched the englishtown LODRS broadcast. she referred to one man by a wrong name, called TAD top fuel, and made a lot of goof ups during the broadcast. it even made dave and bob seem a bit uncomfortable. hopefully she can put it together in the future. it was really awkward to watch and listen to.

Her interviews have been a little rough. I can't really blame her on the name mess up. The driver was Rich McPhillips and on the car under the driver compartment it says "Pete". Intervieving the alky guys are difficult because there are so many different drivers across the country it is hard to know who each on of them are in a short period of time. Also for the some of the Alky guys they are very uncomfortable in front of the camera which makes her job even harder. She has to push some of them through the short interview. Give her John Force everytime and she would look like a pro.

You need to make the decision; do you want a Hooters girl or a knowledgeable drag racing reporter?

I am okay with either but the two seem to be mutually exclusive.

I just caught the IHRA Nitro Jam and confused the Speed Channel brodcast with ESPN. Julie workes for Speed & Lucas Brodcasting. I had talked to her in San Antonio when we last ran the dragster, then a couple weeks later in PHx while working on the TFH

Last edited:
That gal that used to interview for the NOPI races last year was not only Smokin hot, but well spoken as well.

lauren did much better this week @ norwalk. still needs to get away from the softball questions, but definitely a major improvement over e-town.

i've been keeping up with her and she had really impressed me for the job she had done at the few races she was at until e-town. hopefully she bounced back with a good showing in norwalk.

i actually felt sorry for her when she said something to manzo to the effect that he was running off pace (after running a few low et's of the meet). i know she was playing off what she was hearing in her ear talking about manzo running off pace for himself, but the look he gave her was priceless. not to mention she had been chasing him all day and not getting an interview. i was like, wow, she really doesn't know what she just said to the 'man'.

if she wants to do her homework, i'm sure there's a certain .com that has a lot of alky racers more than willing to help her get up to speed, but i'm not spilling the beans on what the webpage is.....;)

Speaking of! I've had a certain registration problem at a certain.com. I've sent messages before to no avail. If I see a part I want with no number listed, I have to have a friend PM them. Know any "certain" people who might be able to help? :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back