Load of BS, NO weight added!!! (1 Viewer)

i dont blame george 1 bit! george is a class act and the most talented bike tuner and builder in the sport in my opinion. go fast and the teams that are going slow bitch until they get rule changes- just like pro stock car- welcome to the nhra :(

Ya know, if Angelle had her normal light she would have beat Andrew then who would you blame for the Buells loosing ? When Matt ran that 6.90 they were worried he would start running 80's when most of the bikes were just starting to run 6's so they put 10 pounds on them, I think it was a good choice.
NHRA does the same thing in alcohol dragster with the nitro vs supercharger cars. Whenever your running cars with different power plants you have to do what's needed to keep the class even.

pup..

Ya know, if Angelle had her normal light she would have beat Andrew then who would you blame for the Buells loosing ? When Matt ran that 6.90 they were worried he would start running 80's when most of the bikes were just starting to run 6's so they put 10 pounds on them, I think it was a good choice.
NHRA does the same thing in alcohol dragster with the nitro vs supercharger cars. Whenever your running cars with different power plants you have to do what's needed to keep the class even.

pup..

So a guy finally makes strides in performance and they penalize them! :confused:

I DON'T LIKE IT! :mad:

What ever happen to others trying harder? Greg Anderson and Jason line are still dominating and have for the better part of the last 4 seasons now the others have worked harder and are catching up that's what Drag racing is it's the core of why the sport was started before the controlled competition. :rolleyes:

A perfect example Andrew and Team worked harder and their performance proved it that is old school racing no need to penalize.

pup..

Puppet, first and foremost, welcome over here. Second, and to the point, I personally don't think the issue is Andrew winning the race. Even if he lost, I'd say there's a good argument that he's performing at level that warrants them carry the weight as they should've in the first place. The rules prviously lumped the Harley's and Buells together by engine type (push-rod V-Twin), and suddenly they became legislated by brand. When Matt ran the 6.90 it wasn't a case where all of the Push-rod V-Twins or Buells were performing at that same level (to warrant a revision). It (the new rule) appeared to single out Matt and his individual performance. Andrew's back half numbers are more than impressive. If they find a front half similar to Matt's, they'll cover the field even with the weight. More important (or controversial) than that, is the implication that NHRA is attempting to control the class elapsed time at 6.90. If this is true, to what reasoning?

I said it in the other thread and I'll repeat it.

Matt, you need to stop expending your energies on this BS, just concentrate on what you have been doing and you will portray what a True Champion is. Just go out there and kick there asses anyways and skip all of this drama. It serves no purpose, will not change a thing with NHRA and will only take away from your efforts. Keep your eye on the prize dude!

Now go win a Championship for us!

Angelle goes 6.87 what will NHRA do? :cool:

This is exactly why I don't think NHRA should over react!
They should remove the 10 lbs from Matts bike so he could compete!

NHRA better decide what there going to do this is just plain DUMB on there behalf in the 1st place to add 10lbs to us. Just take off that damn 10lbs that they put on us!!!! PS. "Matt" focus on the racing and its all good bro leave the rest up to me and go get em with both bikes. Thanks Evan.

Like I said on the previous page, it's comp without the formal index rule. Try to beat the other person, but if you too good of a job and hit some arbitrary/imaginary/mystery index, you'll get penalized.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back