Load of BS, NO weight added!!! (1 Viewer)

amanda Speed

Nitro Member
Well it's official! We just heard that NHRA will not be adding any weight to the Harley's. What a load of crap!!! Andrew out ran people three to four hundreths down the back and they aren't doing anything about it. Matt outran people and they punish all the Buells by adding ten pounds. Absolutely ridiculous! Guess that's why the Harley's have won the last three championships. Unbelievable.

Can you imagine if this crap went on in the other classes? :mad::mad::mad:

Please voice your opinions to the following email address:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Last edited:
hold on a minute , someone outruns everybody and wins heaps so they make them add wait ? now thats just stupid . I say if someones winning heaps and dominating then good on them for finding the winning combination and the other teams should just work harder to win and come up with there own winning combination .

hold on a minute , someone outruns everybody and wins heaps so they make them add wait ? now thats just stupid . I say if someones winning heaps and dominating then good on them for finding the winning combination and the other teams should just work harder to win and come up with there own winning combination .

Maybe that's what shoud've happened in the first place. The unfortunate reality is when NHRA added weight to the Buells, it should've been a blanket V-Twin rule (and wasn't). VHR/Screemin Eagle then went out and proved the NHRA's mistake. Ironically, VHR really doesn't need the help.

The addition of Harley has been bad for the bikes in that the constant rule changes brings us back to the early wieght break pro stock days or nascar of a few years ago. Every couple of races another change. I'm all for more variety in a class and welcome Harleys or any other bike joining the action but nhra had to chang the rules so much just to make them competitive. Remember how slow they were when the started, rules were changed to get them up to speed. I suppose that was ok in part as they are apples and oranges. But now it appears "official sponsor" money talks

Hines drove well this past weekend but all I could think was that it was a win and maybe another championship bought by a sponsor. It's shame to have a cloud of doubt hanging over a class like that.

Go Matt!!!!

I Agree, Its A Load Of Crap But I Expect No Less. You Know Those Harley's Have To Compete.

excellent post! how about greg anderson, the no exotic metals rule, no electric shocks rule ect ect are totally based on his domination. if harley is dominating, good for them. why dont nhra ban alan johnson fron $humacher racing then. thats domination! he makes all the parts. its all his stuff, but no one says nothing. im a huge george bryce fan so the beulls getting whacked stinks but more R and D and they will catch up despite the weight.

I completely disagree with the "Knee JERK" (emphasis on jerk) reaction that added weight to the Buells and I further disagree that they should decide at the end of each event who ran the best times to add weight on.

What I strongly disagree on is anyone lobbying NHRA to penalize their competitors because they got outrun at any event. It's quite clear that this happened to Matt & the Buells. There should be an annual, in-depth review of the seasonal performances of all manufacturer's equipment before any changes are announced.

Just one man's opinion, however?

Well it's official! We just heard that NHRA will not be adding any weight to the Harley's.

Well of course they won't be adding weight. Harley has not won the championship yet. As soon as they win it, then they will add weight to them. (Done with sarcasm now) This is pretty typical for Harley. They have to buy themselves championships. When the AMA changed their rules and made H-D's roadracer slower than a '48 four door vacuum shifted Chevy, they lobbied around to find some sanctioning body to let them win something besides dirttrack racing. NHRA wanted the money, I guess. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to see something besides an all Suzuki PSB field, but just letting them have free reign is getting old.

I personally don't like the harleys, but it is by far easier to complain about something than it is to get to work and get as quick as the dominant bike/car.

I completely disagree with the "Knee JERK" (emphasis on jerk) reaction that added weight to the Buells and I further disagree that they should decide at the end of each event who ran the best times to add weight on.

What I strongly disagree on is anyone lobbying NHRA to penalize their competitors because they got outrun at any event. It's quite clear that this happened to Matt & the Buells. There should be an annual, in-depth review of the seasonal performances of all manufacturer's equipment before any changes are announced.

Just one man's opinion, however?

Bobby, my opinion differs slightly. My take; the reasoning behind the weight addition was bogus (agreed?), however, it's effectiveness to keep a level playing field appears to accurate with the exception of the exclusion of the Harley's. Why anyone would suddenly decide that all the push-rod V-Twins are no longer the same (the V-Rods have push-rods regardless of the mis-information that permeates this an other message boards) is curious at best. NHRA has set a new precedent and, a scary one at that. I can't imagine Byron is comfortable with this turn of events especially considering the implications.

An annual review of the performance of any configuration may be a bit too slow of a response. I believe the competition directors obligation should be to consistently monitor performance trends as well as communicate with the competitors once a trend is established.

I really don't understand what NHRA is looking at.. In Pro stock and Pro Stock Bikes to really see who has horsepower u look at Backhalf numbers.. If the NHRA people are reading this the lower the number that means the faster and more horsepower that driver has... I will give ex. from the last 3 races with backhalf number with all 3 makes..( these r the quickest all weekend)
Atlanta.. Harley..2.533
Buell....2.545
Suzuki..2.524

St. Louis.. Harley..2.541
Buell....2.514
Suzuki..2.510

Chicago... Harley... 2.497
Buell.....2.531 ( now with 10 lbs more)
Suzuki...2.510

Someone please explain to me what I'm missing here.... Harley has to buy there way in:confused:

Here is houston also... Harley... 2.524
Buell..... 2.528
Suzuki.... 2.517

Matt,

It looks like to me that 3 of the 4 races you listed, Suzukis had the quickest back half numbers. We have not been holding back at all this year, we have had a lot of problems. We did our homework since St. Louis because you had an awesome bike and we felt we were way behind. Believe me that 6.901 was really impressive and we knew we needed to do something. We had already started working on parts before St. Louis, we finished them a week after that race and went testing, and we finally had a package that performed. You saw our improvements in our runs starting with the 60 foot times, that just translated to good numbers down track. We all saw what a 1.04 60' can do to your 1/4 mile time. I am proud that we had 6 1.07 60' times this last weekend. But it is still no 1.04 or 1.05, I really commend you for how you guys get those bikes off the line.

I just ride and work on the bike, I only care about racing and going fast.

Andrew

Matt,

It looks like to me that 3 of the 4 races you listed, Suzukis had the quickest back half numbers. We have not been holding back at all this year, we have had a lot of problems. We did our homework since St. Louis because you had an awesome bike and we felt we were way behind. Believe me that 6.901 was really impressive and we knew we needed to do something. We had already started working on parts before St. Louis, we finished them a week after that race and went testing, and we finally had a package that performed. You saw our improvements in our runs starting with the 60 foot times, that just translated to good numbers down track. We all saw what a 1.04 60' can do to your 1/4 mile time. I am proud that we had 6 1.07 60' times this last weekend. But it is still no 1.04 or 1.05, I really commend you for how you guys get those bikes off the line.

I just ride and work on the bike, I only care about racing and going fast.

Andrew
Nice post Andrew..

I'm assuming Matt worked his butt off to get those "But it is still no 1.04 or 1.05"..and that hardly warrants a weight increase. You need those 60 ft times when you're getting spanked at the other end..again..I don't see where the penalty was justified.

I just figure it just pisses Matt off..and it's just a matter of time and he'll get it..and then what?? Another weight increase..pfft.

It's bullshit. Yes, Andrew and them have been working their butts off, but so has Matt. Let it be even, let everyone race heads up. Matt and many other Buells have been working their butts off to get where they are at, and to take it away is ridiculous. It's like punishing someone for working hard. What the hell?

The sixty foot times have as much to do with rider ability as the bike.
One slight mistake by the rider and 1.04 sixties don't happen.
There was not a logical reason to add weight when the big end numbers
were not dominating the class!

Go get'em Matt :cool:

Your the man Andrew! Great job this weekend. I think your brother needs to give up retirement and Build himself a bike, We miss him on the track. Does he ever make any laps on your bike?

Last edited:
Matt hasn't made any laps on my bike before. Some of the last runs he has made were on the prototype V-Rod Destroyers, so it has been a while since he was on a seat. Sure would be nice to have him out there racing. I really like the role he is in now, because I don't have to race him! He always had my number at anything we did, whether it was riding dirt bikes or racing RC cars.

Andrew

Matt hasn't made any laps on my bike before. Some of the last runs he has made were on the prototype V-Rod Destroyers, so it has been a while since he was on a seat. Sure would be nice to have him out there racing. I really like the role he is in now, because I don't have to race him! He always had my number at anything we did, whether it was riding dirt bikes or racing RC cars.

Andrew
Cool, Thanks for the info!

So let me ask u this Andrew.. By looking at backhalf numbers should there have been a weight increase on the buells.. I just want the class to be fair... I have a bike that can win the championship but if NHRA is going to make rules like this why should we keep going...The 10 lbs hurt us about 3 hundreths.. The % of weight NHRA added to us would have been like them adding 38.2 lbs to the pro stock cars

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back