Lex Joon Racing and MPM form a lasting partnership (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Zaandam, the Netherlands, March 2, 2009: Lex Joon, owner and driver of the Lex Joon Racing Top Fuel Dragster has announced that he has re-established his relationship with long time backer, MPM International Oil Company of Delft, the Netherlands for 2009 and beyond. In a time when the word recession is used every day and most race teams are struggling to manage their budgets, the most successful and well-known Dutch racer will again be able to compete in the FIA European Drag Racing Series with the help of MPM.

In October of 2008, Joon, the 2005 FIA European Top Fuel Champion and 2007 and 2008 runner-up announced that he was halting his racing operation, citing time constraints and money issues. But the long time racer couldn’t sit on the sidelines for long, so after reassessing his program and meeting with MPM, Joon decided to continue the long and successful relationship with a renewed determination.

“Our race activities were asking more of my time each year,” explained Joon, “and at the same time my presence was needed more in my other business due to staff issues. A secondary issue was the amount of money that was needed to be invested in the race team in order to stay competitive. So, I made the very difficult decision to put racing aside.

“But I starting thinking about running a few races this year and told MPM. We began talking together and after a few meetings we found the solution. We decided our days together are not over and that we were ready to face the challenge and invest in the future together.”

MPM International Oil Company offers a wide range of products to meet the needs of the automobile sector and the industrial sector. MPM offers a complete package of lubricants and other specialty products. In 2008 they moved into a new and modern headquarters in Delft in order to meet their growing business in the Netherlands and Europe. MPM is thrilled to again be associated with Lex Joon Racing.

“We work with several teams in all kinds of race disciplines,” said M.van Wilgen, Director of MPM, “but there is no sport that gives the public a closer look at what the teams are doing as drag racing. Drivers and crew are approachable and our clients can see everything that's happening in the pits during servicing the car. With a Top Fuel Dragster you belong to the top of the sport, the F1 of the quickest and fastest sport on earth. A Top Fuel dragster is so impressive; it’s always drawing attention wherever you are. The interest of our clients is great and they are eager to attend the races and be part of the Lex Joon MPM Top Fuel team.”

Joon currently plans to participate in two of the five scheduled FIA races, the Veidec Festival in Mantorp Park, Sweden and the Nitrolympics in Hockenheim, Germany, both important markets for MPM. As in the past, MPM will take advantage of hospitality to entertain their clients in Hockenheim, with the possible addition of Mantorp Park.

“There is the possibility that we will attend the first race of the season at the end of May, the FIA Main Event in Santa Pod, England,” said Joon. “Finland is not on our calendar this year and we don’t expect to be at the European Finals in Santa Pod in September because with a little luck we will be racing in the United States.”

After the Hockenheim race in August, Joon and the team plan to ship the race car to the United States to compete in the last two or three NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series events.

Attachments

• LexFiresuit4x32.jpg
    LexFiresuit4x32.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 11
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back