Congrats Poynter/Joon! (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
Congrats to Kevin Poynter and Lex Joon for putting together a deal to race Top Fuel at Vegas 2 and Pomona 2. Hopefully it grows into something bigger for both of you.

One great thing about living in Vegas, EVERYBODY wants to race here!

Chris Gerda Joon lurks here and posts once in awhile, and I think that deal's been in the works since spring! But it will be awesome seeing some New blood on the Tour!

I am So happy for Lex And Gerta. Gerta called me last week to say the press release would be out this week. This has been a dream of Lex, and has been in the works for the past couple of years.
Actually, they were going to come to the states last year, but with all the new customs regs. there was just not enough time to put it all together.
I spent some time with the team in England a few years ago, and had a ball.
These are first class folks and unless I miss my guess, they will qualify. Might even go some rounds on Sunday.
I will be at both races and will be hanging out with them, and doing anything I can to help make thier American Dream a huge success.
I can hardly wait.

The Mouth of the Southwest

there should be 3 european top fuel teams at vegas 2 and pomona 2

Last edited:
No that should be awesome! Urs Urbacher and who else?

Quote from Eurodragster.com

.... confirm that Andersen Racing will be racing in the USA later this year. More specifically, Andersen Racing will be contesting the last two NHRA races of the season at The Strip at Las Vegas on 29th October to 1st November and at Pomona on 12th-15th November.

Andersen Racing will be in a new and exciting partnership with another driver: the experienced Norwegian Thomas Nataas, whom many of you will know from European Top Fuel in 2004-2007....

ive been thomas clutch guy for the last five years, and andersen racing were a clutch guy down for pomona and i got asked.:cool:they didnt need to ask me again,i dont think gary is going joe but we will all be in gainesville in march:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back