Legends Nitro (1 Viewer)

Those are NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series cars. They have their own points series and schedule outside of the Big Show program.

For what it's worth, Leah Pruitt (might have been Pritchett then) won the HRHS national championship (N/FC) in 2010. If I recall, the times were mid 5.60s at about 260mph, a bit quicker than today's PM stuff. Not bad for a 6-71 blower, 1 mag, 80% and a weenie fuel pump.

For what it's worth, Leah Pruitt (might have been Pritchett then) won the HRHS national championship (N/FC) in 2010. If I recall, the times were mid 5.60s at about 260mph, a bit quicker than today's PM stuff. Not bad for a 6-71 blower, 1 mag, 80% and a weenie fuel pump.
Those are NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series cars. They have their own points series and schedule outside of the Big Show program.

I really like those cars too! I know they have their own series, but Ii’s great that NHRA has given them a place, and recognizes them. They’re just awesome.

They normally run in the 5:60 / 5:80 - 240 / 250+ range in the 1/4 Mile at Famoso. These numbers were in 1000 feet - A little hard to compare but it shows you what happens in the last 320 feet. Also: Most of the time they usually are not on a really tight track. It looks like they are only short 1 MAg - Big Blower - 80/90 GPM more Fuel Pump - several $200,000+ motors and about $8000 more per pass to get that second they need to run the big show.😁

A really good thing about the Legends Funny Car series is that those guys have gotten those cars to where they are really reliable and get down the track in one piece. It is really important that those cars put on a good show and don't delay the NHRA Big Show with oil downs.

A really good thing about the Legends Funny Car series is that those guys have gotten those cars to where they are really reliable and get down the track in one piece. It is really important that those cars put on a good show and don't delay the NHRA Big Show with oil downs.
Usually, anyway...

Attachments

• davis.jpg
    davis.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 56
Leah Pruett-LeDuc

J_Gelfand_10_17_436A.jpg

Another thing I like about this racing is a couple guys can pool some $$ together and still go nitro racing.
Too bad the majority of it is out west.

Another thing I like about this racing is a couple guys can pool some $$ together and still go nitro racing.
One of the teams at Phoenix were pulling the heads and putting a fresh piston rack in between rounds. I’m sure some can still pool money and low buck it but not if you want to win and set records on a regular basis.

Well it may not be at the corporate sponsor level (yet), but the days of open trailers and pick-ups are long gone. Most are picking and choosing which events to attend and a few will run them all for the points championship.

There are a few N/FC in the midwest and this org. will travel back east later this year.

Yeah. I’d love to see NHRA include these guys in many more national events. All events would be a bit of a stretch, but more events for sure.

The days of these cars being affordable are gone. Pandora done jumped out of the box, lol.
Carl Lowell, there is no percentage limit, the last one I tuned I had as much as 97% and 70 degrees in the mag….
The limits here are controlled by fuel pump rules and Blower size & Overdrive %. You also kind of need to watch cubic inches because how much air can you make with a 6-71 (426CI@1to1) with OD limits and a small Fuel Pump can only pump so much fuel. It has been a long time but I think there are still Nozzle restrictions also.

Yeah. I’d love to see NHRA include these guys in many more national events. All events would be a bit of a stretch, but more events for sure.
These guys have day jobs. Most crew guys aren't paid to work on the cars. Anything more than about six total events a year puts most teams out. Especially when they have to travel out of state to race.

When I crewed on a local NTF car, I drove an hour to the race shop, jumped in the semi, they gave me a hotel room to sleep in (usually with 3-5 other guys), and they feed me once or twice. Everything else was on me. My first year we had eight dates, including back to back weekends at Indy and Columbus with a thrash at the shop (in Iowa) in the middle. Between a lack of vacation days (new job) and seeing my kids (Divorced), I still have no idea how I made it work.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back