LEAH PRITCHETT HAS A RIDE FOR 2016? (1 Viewer)

This is my theory on this move: Bob has openly talked about getting out of racing because he's tired of chasing money and fighting the day-to-day battles necessary to be a competitive team in the NHRA. Larry has expressed a desire to become a team owner. Maybe this is the first step to a partnership between Bob and Larry, or an opportunity for Larry to take ownership of the team .

The global oil glut is going to become a huge problem. The day is rapidly approaching when every oil tank on land and ocean going tankers will be full. There will be no more drilling or exploration. Companies that support drilling such as Capco and Bob's sponsor are in for very hard times.

How do you know that Larry is not okay with it. Lots of speculation here and none of you know for sure. Some of you sound like teenage fans boys or girls.....LOL jk :p:D

Dean
Oh, I can't wait for the new Tiger Beat magazine. Justin Bieber is on the cover. LOL ... Actually, if Larry is okay with it, it's probably because he's tired of incidents like Gainsville and Memphis. I just can't see him being out of the seat though. One of the best pure drivers the sport has ever had.

My hats off to Leah for landing her first full time ride in a top fuel car. She is an excellent driver and a very hard worker when she is at the track. She is also a very good spokesperson for her sponsors and does them an outstanding job. It's going to be pretty exciting to watch Leah and Brittany battle for the championship in 2016.

quaker state's involvement past 2016 IMO will depend on the new fox package (ratings).
hope Leah has plenty of opportunity to be interviewed in 2016; she's arguably the best spokesperson the nhra has rite now.

Until Leah came along with $. Which is strangely similar to this deal.
Yeah? Let’s just see how Leah feels when she gets booted by someone younger and prett…. Oh wait, that’s not very likely…. :D

Seriously though, if I was the team owner and wanted to win a championship I’d want Larry in the seat over just about anyone out there. As one of the best pure drivers ever, and a proven championship winner, that just makes sense. But I’ll submit there is another dynamic at play here; namely that winning a championship is no guarantee of funding – witness John Force – and in the marketing world a fresh face like Leah is more valuable to securing funding, thus more important than winning a championship. Think of Danica Patrick – everyone knows of her; but she’s won nothing. Yet she always has funding. All about marketing; sadly that's just the way it is.

And I mean to take nothing away from Leah’s abilities; I’ve watched her career and agree she is a great driver, ambassador for the sport, and hard worker. She has the potential to be a superstar, and I regard her in the same class as the truly great female drivers like Shirley, Melanie Troxel, and Erica. Hopefully this opportunity will keep her moving in that direction.

I am going along with the theory that Larry has had his share to top end incidents and he decided along with discussions with his family to give up driving. Lets see is it two or three incidents in the last 5 years? Larry is darn lucky to be alive and well.

Sometimes I wonder if people can read or hear? Bob made it clear there was no funding for Larry's car! What is with the theory BS that Larry decided to give up driving? Don't you think he would just come out and announce that?

Michael 's right. LD was looking for funding his own team for a couple of years before BVR hired him to drive. I'm sure that he's still looking for funding today to get him back in a seat. We can only assume that C&J had a say in keeping Connelly in their car, not to mention what they've all invested in him to this point.

Listening to Larry's comments after Bobby Bennett's question, it doesn't sound like Larry would hang it up after the Gators incident......

Sometimes I wonder if people can read or hear? Bob made it clear there was no funding for Larry's car! What is with the theory BS that Larry decided to give up driving? Don't you think he would just come out and announce that?

In the end..it's all about who can bring $$$ to the table!

interview with amanda busick @ gators
she is so intelligent and well spoken; can not help but really paying attention to this woman. nhra and sponsors; you have
many great drivers to represent you, but rite now it doesn't get any better than leah.
plus she surfs and golfs.....are you kidding me!? :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back