LEAH PRITCHETT HAS A RIDE FOR 2016? (1 Viewer)

Wow Dixon out, Leah in...def didn't see that coming.
Huh ?? A link would have helped. Most of our usual sources aren't reporting this yet. Not on Comp Plus and it looks like DRO is experiencing technical issues. Good news is it is on NHRA site.

Article states LD will be staying on with the team in another capacity. Maybe this was a mutual agreement and Larry looked at this as an opportunity to get out of the seat and let the youngsters have at it.

http://nhra.com/story/2015/12/10/pritchett-bob-vandergriff-racing/

Wow! NHRA reporting something first? That's a shocker!! Glad to see Quaker State back in the game as a primary sponsor. Silly season's in full swing. Guess we'll find out about the JFR crewchief 2 months later.....typical MO for JFR.

Leah seems like a good fit for sure, but hate Larry won't be driving next year. Well the article makes it seem like he won't anyway.

I doubt Larry wanted to make room for any "youngsters". He's not old by drag racing standards, and seems to still really enjoy driving.

Yea but it praises her first full season.

But then later says the deal is only 5 races and BV is searches for more money

5 races isnt close to a season so....

And Dixon out sucks, he out drove Connoly almost every event

I doubt Larry wanted to make room for any "youngsters". He's not old by drag racing standards, and seems to still really enjoy driving.
Keyword = "SEEMS". Maybe he realizes he was lucky to walk away from several horrific high speeds wrecks and the time was right.

If you were flat out being replaced because your services were no longer desired, would you stay in another capacity? Have to believe this was a BVR team collaboration.

Yea but it praises her first full season.

But then later says the deal is only 5 races and BV is searches for more money

5 races isnt close to a season so....

And Dixon out sucks, he out drove Connoly almost every event

It says that Quaker State will be the primary sponsor at 5 races and major associate on both cars for the season.

Its called who can bring the most $$$$$, is it that hard to figure out!??? Besides I'd rather watch her than Dixon!

Well this sucks. Nothing against Leah, but Dixon belongs in the seat. I don't like this at all. So what's his new capacity? Standing behind the tree and watching like Brandon Bernstein did at AJR?

Quaker State and Gumout are both Pennzoil-related brands ... So I guess Leah kept her marketing partnership alive after the Dotes parked their car. Good for her. I am sorry for Larry though, but I wouldn't be totally surprised to see 3 BVR cars at some point in '16.

This just sucks. I hate to see Larry parked. I admit that Leah is easy on the eyes and I like her, but I'm sure that's why she's in the seat. However, Larry Dixon just got shit on. Sorry, I've been a Dixon fan for a couple of decades. Larry, if you see this, I'm your old friend Leebone. Get a new ride my friend. Get the heck out of BVR.

Quaker State and Gumout are both Pennzoil-related brands ... So I guess Leah kept her marketing partnership alive after the Dotes parked their car. Good for her. I am sorry for Larry though, but I wouldn't be totally surprised to see 3 BVR cars at some point in '16.
Oil prices have hammered the service providers like C&J. They are doing jobs now for a fraction of what they were doing them for 2 years ago. Honestly, I am happy they are still fielding 1 car. If the prices rebound, I wouldn't be shocked to see Larry back out there in a 3rd car.

This just sucks. I hate to see Larry parked. I admit that Leah is easy on the eyes and I like her, but I'm sure that's why she's in the seat. However, Larry Dixon just got shit on. Sorry, I've been a Dixon fan for a couple of decades. Larry, if you see this, I'm your old friend Leebone. Get a new ride my friend. Get the heck out of BVR.
I think this response may be a bit dramatic without the facts of the change. I will ask again, since LD is staying at Vandergriff do you all really think it was just a hostile "she has $$, you don't so you're out". LD staying with the team completely indicates to me that it was both a personal and business decision for the switch.

If it was truly an ugly force out, would any of you just stay on board because? LD is a historic figure in the sport, doubt he would stick around if he felt wronged. Think about it before reacting with pure fandom emotion and chastising BV.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back