LEAH PRITCHETT HAS A RIDE FOR 2016? (1 Viewer)

The PR statement says Larry is staying. Wouldn't be the first time a PR statement paints a rosier picture then the actual reality.

Coming off a comeback season, and insane progress shown by the team, I find my favorite Top Fuel driver is out of ride due to money. Well, that's the story as of now. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of this musical chairs of money $$$ sponsorship or driver X is gone for someone else. Yep, I know the basics of NHRA today. And guess what, I just stated it. Of course, I have not heard from Larry Dixon yet so I'll wait....

Exactly, just ask Dave Grubnic!
Michael ... Hypothetically, say your employer comes to you and says ... "we no longer need your services as a Manager, however we can still offer you an opportunity to stay on board if you want to be a Janitor".

Would you stay? Why would anybody assume that LD was treated like crap but decided to stay with BVR because he "needs the job". LD is a Hall of Famer and NHRA legend with a million connections in the sport / industry. He has no reason to stay on board if he was treated as most Maters want to believe.

There doesn't have to be a "bad" side to every story or decision. Maybe you all should be happy for LD as he might have made a life decision.

Michael ... Hypothetically, say your employer comes to you and says ... "we no longer need your services as a Manager, however we can still offer you an opportunity to stay on board if you want to be a Janitor".

Would you stay? Why would anybody assume that LD was treated like crap but decided to stay with BVR because he "needs the job". LD is a Hall of Famer and NHRA legend with a million connections in the sport / industry. He has no reason to stay on board if he was treated as most Maters want to believe.

There doesn't have to be a "bad" side to every story or decision. Maybe you all should be happy for LD as he might have made a life decision.

So let me get this straight Jim. James said that it wouldn't be the first time that a PR statement paints a rosier picture than the actual reality, and I responded, "yes, just ask Dave Grubnic". So where is the hell did you get all the other that you were spouting about......sure as hell not from my 5 word response! o_O

Coming off a comeback season, and insane progress shown by the team, I find my favorite Top Fuel driver is out of ride due to money. Well, that's the story as of now. Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of this musical chairs of money $$$ sponsorship or driver X is gone for someone else. Yep, I know the basics of NHRA today. And guess what, I just stated it. Of course, I have not heard from Larry Dixon yet so I'll wait....
You should have led with your last sentence first and stopped after the period. Why try to look for a "bad guy" in this? Without knowing the LD side, I suspect you are all WAAAAAY over reacting. JMHO

So let me get this straight Jim. James said that it wouldn't be the first time that a PR statement paints a rosier picture than the actual reality, and I responded, "yes, just ask Dave Grubnic". So where is the hell did you get all the other that you were spouting about......sure as hell not from my 5 word response! o_O
I don't read the PR the same way in this case. If an "employee" willing stays on board, what is being painted rosy? LD must have chosen to stay on board for yet unknown reasons even after he lost his ride. Grubby was flat out booted. We do not know any of the circumstances around the LD scenario other than the obvious with Leah and a sponsor. That's all.

Good or bad, the reality is these cars take a boat load of $ to operate. Unfortunately, talent and likeability cant make up for pure hard cash. It is a big downfall to racing. Could you imagine if stick and ball sports had the same criteria! Big kudos to C&J for being such a great partner to BVR. As mentioned before if oil prices were at record highs I am sure things would be different.
I feel like Leah has done a great job of staying relevant for the past several years and has proven to be a more than capable shoe. Hats off to her for working hard to secure funding. On the same subject I am surprised with the amount of work Dixon has put in to finding sponsorship since parting ways with AJR that he has not found a backer to bring to the table.
I have always said don't be an aspiring racecar driver, be an aspiring business owner. The only way to control your destiny in racing is to be able to fund it. Other wise you are at the mercy of those with money.

I don't read the PR the same way in this case. If an "employee" willing stays on board, what is being painted rosy? LD must have chosen to stay on board for yet unknown reasons even after he lost his ride. Grubby was flat out booted. We do not know any of the circumstances around the LD scenario other than the obvious with Leah and a sponsor. That's all.

Why don't you read the 5th paragraph in this article Jim, since you don seem to recall what was announced when Grubnic was pulled out of the seat........yeah, he was just "flat out booted", wasn't he??? :rolleyes:

http://www.nhra.com/story/2014/4/3/todd-kalitta/

So-a 10th place driver stays-but a 4th place driver is out? I'm glad I'm not the one who has to make the tough decisions.
And yes Harry-I was wondering if anyone remembered how Hillary got booted-and by who.

This just sucks. I hate to see Larry parked. I admit that Leah is easy on the eyes and I like her, but I'm sure that's why she's in the seat. However, Larry Dixon just got shit on. Sorry, I've been a Dixon fan for a couple of decades. Larry, if you see this, I'm your old friend Leebone. Get a new ride my friend. Get the heck out of BVR.

How do you know that Larry is not okay with it. Lots of speculation here and none of you know for sure. Some of you sound like teenage fans boys or girls.....LOL jk :p:D

Dean

You should have led with your last sentence first and stopped after the period. Why try to look for a "bad guy" in this? Without knowing the LD side, I suspect you are all WAAAAAY over reacting. JMHO

Then I will rephrase brother. I am extremely disappointed that the only favorite driver I have had in the last 20 years in The Top Fuel category is not driving next year.

Lots of different reasons Larry would stay even if not driving. Pointless to speculate. The people to ask are Bob and Larry, and they would probably tell you to MYOB. I'd rather not, the last time I talked to Larry at Epping, he was cordial and I wouldn't want to upset that dynamic.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back