Kalitta Motorsports Sitting Out VEGAS...POMONA?? (1 Viewer)

Well - you wanted answers. Could it be that Connie's love for Tootsie Rolls and Pumpkin seeds is more important that Nitromethane??? Perhaps the whole Kalitta kittenkabootle will be HERE:

<Annual Downtown Halloween Fall Festival....Bring your little ghouls and goblins to Downtown Ypsilanti to enjoy a night of spooktacular fun. Area merchants will be passing out candy throughout the evening, along with contests, hayrides, clowns and much, much more. Last year, we had over 2000 kids haunting Michigan Ave. This year promises to be better than ever!>

I KNEW IT!!! IT IS A VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY FROM THE LAND OF THE "DETROIT DEAD-WINGS!!!" They're gonna attract that team with goodies and GHOULISH SPOOKY HOLLOWEEN COSTUMES. I wonder what Conrad is going to dress up as??? I know, Scott is gonna put on a DHL UNIFORM AND BE A SPITTING IMAGE OF RONALD McDonald! Oh, and I've heard it from a very Reliable source that Senor Kalitta is more of a SNICKERS man than Tootsie Rolls!:D

Thanks for the Hot Tip Chris! I knew I could count on a Fellow Coloradian for the FACTS!!! :cool:

Interesting that this thread was started.

I watched the coverage with the luxury of playing it off my DVR. I saw the original Wally tribute and interviews during the qualifying show. When they replayed it during NHRA RaceDay and the Final Eliminations shows I was able to flip past it and save some time. Same with the endless replays of John's wreck.

But the point of my post is this:

Every single time Doug Kalitta pulls through the water box Paul Page says "Here comes Doug Kalitta. Boy, Doug has really been struggling this year." Every single time! Last night I felt like saying "Paul, go cash that bonus check you get from ESPN and buy an operation from someone and go run your own car and we can see how you do "Every single time.""

I was glad to see Doug take it. Paul can now modify his commentary. Now we might hear "Here comes Doug Kalitta. Boy, Doug sure pulled off a lucky one at Richmond with all those superior countdown cars coming at him. As you know, he sure has been struggling this year."

Good to see Melanie with Lance and Stew doing a great job.

RG

That's the great thing about interviewing Conrad though ... you never know what you are going to get. (Great for us viewers, probably not great for Kernan or Rieff)

And someone mentioned Mike Edwards earlier, word around the campfire is he doesn't get interviewed because of his constant mentions of JC. Apparently he was asked to "tone down" the religious content, but I guess he refused. Hence, no interviews. Gotta admire a man who will stick to his convictions.

I suppose. Why not plug his favorite presidential candidate while he's at it. I watch drag racing for drag racing, not to be preached at. Drag racing on espn is entertainment, period, not a personal soapbox.

That being said, I never noticed, because I tend to empty the dishwasher and walk the dog when pro stock comes on.

I suppose. Why not plug his favorite presidential candidate while he's at it. I watch drag racing for drag racing, not to be preached at. Drag racing on espn is entertainment, period, not a personal soapbox.

That being said, I never noticed, because I tend to empty the dishwasher and walk the dog when pro stock comes on.

You have got to be kidding me............Every time you stick a mic in front of a driver, he starts preaching. Oil, equipment, Torco products, cologne, sunglasses.............you name it, someone is preaching about it.

You have got to be kidding me............Every time you stick a mic in front of a driver, he starts preaching. Oil, equipment, Torco products, cologne, sunglasses.............you name it, someone is preaching about it.

You beat me to it, Mel.

I don't know what the difference is that you see, Bob. All the other cookie-cutter interviews thank the manufacturer of every decal on the side of the car, and why? Because they believe that's what/who got them there. Just because Mike thanks who he believes got him there doesn't make him a bad guy.

This guy epitomizes sportsmanship. Just because he doesn't thank the right people in your mind certainly doesn't justify the criticism. Leave him be.

Sean D

I don't think anybody thinks Mike Edwards is a bad guy. I have never heard a cross word from him or about him.

I am the least religious person I know, anytime anyone mentions any deity/religion/belief system I immediately tune them out until they stop talking, and even I don't see a problem with what Mike does. To me it is no different than a football player thanking JC after a touchdown or a boxer thanking god after knocking someone out.

I also understand the flip side, ESPN and NHRA probably get letters from people complaining that religion has no place in this Politically Correct world.

In any event, I admire Mike for sticking to his convictions.

A wise person once said of the war "There are no athiests in foxholes."

I bet the funny car drivers right now feel the same way.

Seems like it would make a bigger impact by showing up and winning both Funny Car and Top Fuel at the last 2 races. Anyway, Team Kalitta is made up of a bunch of racers, racers race and want to race and even though it is a business, what they all really want to do is race and beat the guy in the next lane fair and square. Not sit at home and watch a race on TV.

I don't think anybody thinks Mike Edwards is a bad guy. I have never heard a cross word from him or about him.

I am the least religious person I know, anytime anyone mentions any deity/religion/belief system I immediately tune them out until they stop talking, and even I don't see a problem with what Mike does. To me it is no different than a football player thanking JC after a touchdown or a boxer thanking god after knocking someone out.

I also understand the flip side, ESPN and NHRA probably get letters from people complaining that religion has no place in this Politically Correct world.

In any event, I admire Mike for sticking to his convictions.
:eek: SANITY! READ THIS SANITY!!!!

:D

On the flip side - I am a "Bible believing Christian", and I doesn't hurt my feelings with it being absent from the broadcast. Honestly, that's the case, it's there or it isn't, right? Why should we get mad when the mere presence or absence is just there (or not)?

[/off topic]

DLB

For the sake of making a point about this stupid points system, I hope Conrad does keep his teams home for the last two events. Taking 4 cars out of the mix will make for short fields, which will not make NHRA happy. It would be even better is a couple of the independent teams did the same thing. In spite of what any of the drivers say on TV, I've not found anyone who likes this new deal. I wouldn't bet against Connie boycotting the races. I wouldn't bet against Connie doing anything!!!!!....just because he can!

Those suits are getting paid either way, so they are happy.
It's the fans and the racers that will be unhappy.
Either way, we all get shafted with this deal.:(

As someone who is getting ready to fork out over $100 for 3 days worth of tix to the Vegas event, I sure hope Conrad and the boys show up.

[And someone mentioned Mike Edwards earlier, word around the campfire is he doesn't get interviewed because of his constant mentions of JC. Apparently he was asked to "tone down" the religious content, but I guess he refused. Hence, no interviews. Gotta admire a man who will stick to his convictions.

Amen. Do they want him to thank satan for Young Life affiliation? I guess the PCs (politically correct) can explain that when they get interviewed in a higher place.

I wish you could have seen the Mosh Pit on the starting line. Jon O took a beating! And then there was the end of the track antics that were pretty funny! I think you were good luck for the Kalitta team, Karl! Thanks for being there!:D

Suzie Q...

Mosh Pit behind the Starting Line 250 feet from where I was... nope, didn't see any of it:eek::D

Oh, it was so neat, I saw Big Bird hanging out at the DHL car... :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back