Kalitta Motorsports Sitting Out VEGAS...POMONA?? (1 Viewer)

Connie Kalitta is a drag racer, Drag racers race, he will be at the last two races of the season and hopefully will kick some serious butt!!!

Thank god I'm an athiest!:eek:

Does anyone really think he would make an announcement like that? A 50/50 chance? I don't think so. But I would like to see all of the teams sit out the last two. End of countdown. IT SUCKS!

For the sake of making a point about this stupid points system, I hope Conrad does keep his teams home for the last two events. Taking 4 cars out of the mix will make for short fields, which will not make NHRA happy. It would be even better is a couple of the independent teams did the same thing. In spite of what any of the drivers say on TV, I've not found anyone who likes this new deal. I wouldn't bet against Connie boycotting the races. I wouldn't bet against Connie doing anything!!!!!....just because he can!

Whoa! Think of the backfire through the intake in Glendora if nobody outside the "Countdown" came to the last two races, or for that matter, entered into any races beyond those where they still had a chance? Beyond sponsorship commitments, I think they would make a statement to change everything!

Ok, Here's a different standpoint,I've spent alot of $$ to go to Vegas for the fall race. If the nitro fields are small you will never catch me at another race after Indy. I have quit going to Denver because of this. I am not going to spend that kind of money to travel,and not see that much nitro racing.

Ok, Here's a different standpoint,I've spent alot of $$ to go to Vegas for the fall race. If the nitro fields are small you will never catch me at another race after Indy. I have quit going to Denver because of this. I am not going to spend that kind of money to travel,and not see that much nitro racing.
And so the potential for fallout continues.
Personally I don't want Scott or any other fan be deprived of complete fields but there must be motivation to show.

You beat me to it, Mel.

I don't know what the difference is that you see, Bob. All the other cookie-cutter interviews thank the manufacturer of every decal on the side of the car, and why? Because they believe that's what/who got them there. Just because Mike thanks who he believes got him there doesn't make him a bad guy.

This guy epitomizes sportsmanship. Just because he doesn't thank the right people in your mind certainly doesn't justify the criticism. Leave him be.

Sean D

Thanking sponsors is part of the driver's job. ESPN's job is to appeal to as broad an audience as possible, to help NHRA succeed. They make decisions about what will be on the air based on that. Period.

Thanking sponsors is part of the driver's job. ESPN's job is to appeal to as broad an audience as possible, to help NHRA succeed. They make decisions about what will be on the air based on that. Period.
What is it with people from Florida lately that more and more of them are anti-religion?

Bob, take a guess at how many American's believe in God and Jesus Christ!

Last I heard it was around 85%. How much more of a broader audience could you want?

It would seem that ESPN is alienating a larger portion of the potential audience if they did in fact try to muzzle Mike Edwards or any other racer who might mention God or JC.

I know I am going to regret this but.....doh!!!!! Mike Edwards is "sponsored" by..........YOUNGLIFE and that is his job with a little "j"

I can only imagine the comments if the internet was up and running back when Garlit's showed up with the big cross on the cowl of his dragster with"GOD IS LOVE" lettered on the cross!!!!:eek::eek:

I can only imagine the comments if the internet was up and running back when Garlit's showed up with the big cross on the cowl of his dragster with"GOD IS LOVE" lettered on the cross!!!!:eek::eek:
There isn't much point in my trying to get some of you to understand why I 'm sick and tired of hearing about other people's religion. So I won't. Living in florida is part of that believe me.
All I 'm saying is ESPN had a reason for asking Mike that ,if they did, and you might just want to understand why they did. 85 % of Americans saying they believe in a God does'nt mean they want to hear about it from sports stars in every interview. For all you know they believe in the God of Thunder himself, Mr Gene Simmons. :D

Did anybody see the results on Burgess's poll on the inside ND blog on NHRA.com? Phil had the people vote for who should be on the cover of the Richmond results edition of ND, and 72% of the people voted for Doug as to 28% for Gary. They ended up giving all three winners pictures on the cover.

There isn't much point in my trying to get some of you to understand why I 'm sick and tired of hearing about other people's religion. So I won't. Living in florida is part of that believe me.

Bob,

I'm sick and tired of "religion" too, trust me. I guess what I don't understand is Mike Edwards is a genuine guy. If you asked him if his comments were meant to convert anyone, his answer would be a very emphatic "no."

I mean, can you imagine what Edwards is thinking?

*in the best Golem voice I can do*

"If I can just mention JC on television...just maybe, MAYBE, MILLIIIIIIIOOOOOOOONNNNNNS OF PEEEEEEEEEEEOPLE WILL BEEEEEEEE CONVERRRRRRTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...MY PRECIOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSS."

C'mon man.

It seems rather presumptuous of you to assume what Mike's motives are. Mike is thanking his MAIN sponsor. I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean, if you are tired of hearing about Castrol, are you going to rant and rave because John & his team mention it in every interview? No, you're going to understand that they are thanking the people that make what they do possible.

Cut the guy some slack. Mike Edwards is the epitome of class in the NHRA.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back