Jr's Blast Bristol...NHRA's future is bright! (1 Viewer)

Boo

Nitro Member
I know there are a lot of upheavials in the world of NHRA right now. Nitro costs,1000ft racing, safety issues and the never ending countdown debate ;). But we attended the 2008 NHRA Eastern Conference Finals for Jr's last week and had a great time. Even with fuels costs the way they are they had 500-600 Jr racers attend to compete in their age classes for a Wally and their share of the purse(paid in Savings Bonds). Racers from as far away as Canada and Ireland were in attendence. Roy Hill was there promoting his Jr dragracing school and his new Jr. Million series. And even with the weather delays we had, the kids(and parents) had a ball. If you have never watched the Jr's compete at "Nationals" you will miss some of the the most competitive racing you will ever see.......these kids mean business. But after they lose the kids still get together to cheer on their team mates and try and win the valued team and spirit prizes. Besides the thrill of racing with your kids, and the racing skills being developed in these young drivers. The sportsmanship these young drivers show shines through! .......Of all the things that we think NHRA has done wrong....this is something(maybe in my biased opinion) they have done dead on right!!!!! Below are a few pictures we took while attending..

P.S. As for us, we went out in the second round, my son had a .029 light and ran a 7.95 on a 7.94 dial. But lost to a better .014 light and a dead on 7.99. MOV was .0232

2008 NHRA Eastern Conference Finals

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back