Forrest isn't the only Proud Papa today (1 Viewer)

Heh Martin,your boy is very lucky, to have a great dad like you. You best put in a second phone line, those big name sponsors are gonna come callin. You da man.

Gives me 'warm fuzzies' Martin.

Looking back on what Emmett accomplished to get here..from parking the ride till grades came up and all.

Wow..makes it all worth it huh?

Congrats to you and the kiddo.

Thank you all for the kind words and the support... Emmett hasn't had a chance to see the thread yet (but I'm sure he will lurk tonight... wonder if he figured out my password yet... ;))

Pics from this weekend

Michael, I'm the lucky one... I've got a couple of great guys that make their old man proud :).

The difference between you and Forest is that you got to see it. Forest wasn't in Commerce to see his kid win, and with racers being as superstitous as they are, Morgan may not want him in St. Louis either-LOL

I do like the Wild West Engineering decal, do they pay contingency?

Alan

Thank you all for the kind words and the support... Emmett hasn't had a chance to see the thread yet (but I'm sure he will lurk tonight... wonder if he figured out my password yet... ;))

Pics from this weekend

Michael, I'm the lucky one... I've got a couple of great guys that make their old man proud :).
Nice montage there Martin..I love it! And I see the little one is ready!!! He has "that big brother my as$ look in his eyes"..hehe

You best put in a second phone line, those big name sponsors are gonna come callin...

You weren't kidding Mike!! :) Based on the conversation I just had (with a company owner that just happened to stop out at the track on their way to the county fair), we may be filling up the big white panel with a company name soon... :cool:

Here we go!!!!

Just got this e-mail....

I was forwarded an email by my Sports Director Damien Alameda regarding Emmett Thomas’ NHRA success over the past weekend. I am interested in putting a story together on Emmett. Please contact me to set up a time/ date to meet with Emmett and possibly his parents/ coach. If possible, I would like to get the car on the track with Emmett.

Talk to you soon.

Dave Cooney

KOLD Sports Anchor/ Reporter

Mr. Schumacher... Are you taking appointments? :D

Woo-freakin-HOO!!!!!!!!! :)

I think you should have Emmett pull a Lewis Hamilton.

For those of you unfamiliar, Lewis Hamilton is the current Formula 1 World Champion. When he was 12 years old Lewis spotted Ron Dennis (owner/team principal of McLaren Mercedes) and walked up to him and introduced himself ... he said "Mr. Dennis, my name is Lewis Hamilton and I am going to drive for McLaren in F1. We are going to win lots of races and championships together." Dennis just laughed at the time, but Lewis kept progressing up the karting ladder, winning at every level. When Lewis was 15 he had a handshake agreement for a McLaren driver development program, when he was 17 he had contracts, when he was 20 he was in F1 and last year became the youngest World Champion ever with McLaren.

So Martin, next time you and the boy spot Shoe, you should have Emmett walk up and say "Hello Mr. Schumacher, my name is Emmett Thomas ...."

Kido did his first interview for TV today with local CBS affiliate KOLD-TV Tucson...

KOLDNewsInterview1.jpg

KOLDNewsInterview4.jpg

Just when I couldn't be any more impressed, the kid spoke with a level of confidence and knowledge about his sport that just floored me.

Sports anchor Dave Cooney had a great time talking to Emmett and felt he got much more footage than he expected. He said that once it pieces together, he'll be able to make it into a great feature, with some great on-track footage (an out of the box 8.911 and 0.034 light) and even a bit of babbling from Pop..:D. And word is, he plans to come back out to SIR and cover the big cars as well as the Jrs, with a ride-along arranged by track management.

Broadcast date is sometime next week- literally "Film at 11"....

Martin, any chance you'll come to Fontana for the D7 Jr race next month?

Planning on it... I-10 straght shot, but I'm pretty sure that the 78 Dodge D150 isn't gonna make the trip, so I have to work on a hauler... Probably do the motorhome rental thing unless somebody from town has room in their trailer. He entered at Number 12 in the D7 points, and it would be a shame to fall out and not chase this and see where it goes...

Needle's in deep....;)

Martin,
That's one thing about winning with you kids....makes Dad spend some more money....LOL....All worth it though!!!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back