Forrest isn't the only Proud Papa today (1 Viewer)

I think you should have Emmett pull a Lewis Hamilton.

For those of you unfamiliar, Lewis Hamilton is the current Formula 1 World Champion. When he was 12 years old Lewis spotted Ron Dennis (owner/team principal of McLaren Mercedes) and walked up to him and introduced himself ... he said "Mr. Dennis, my name is Lewis Hamilton and I am going to drive for McLaren in F1. We are going to win lots of races and championships together." Dennis just laughed at the time, but Lewis kept progressing up the karting ladder, winning at every level. When Lewis was 15 he had a handshake agreement for a McLaren driver development program, when he was 17 he had contracts, when he was 20 he was in F1 and last year became the youngest World Champion ever with McLaren.

So Martin, next time you and the boy spot Shoe, you should have Emmett walk up and say "Hello Mr. Schumacher, my name is Emmett Thomas ...."

Back in the early 1990's I had some kid come up to me and ask me if he could sit in my TA/FC at Bakersfield. When he finally got out he said "Some day I'm going to drive a funny car." I said..."Sure...right...great."

Out of the blue in 1996 Ron Capps asked me to haul the Snake's Copenhagen Camaro FC to the Peterson Museum in my trailer from San Diego to Los Angeles where they were announcing Snake's new sponsor and Ron Capps as Snake's new driver at a press conference. Snake's trailer was being painted and not available. When we got there Ron introduced me and told the Snake how "The first funny car I ever sat in was Randy's in Bakersfield." Until Ron mentioned it I had completely forgot about it.

You never know about these kids that come up to you at the races, anymore. :D

Last edited:
Back in the early 1990's I had some kid come up to me and ask me if he could sit in my TA/FC at Bakersfield. When he finally got out he said "Some day I'm going to drive a funny car." I said..."Sure...right...great."

Out of the blue in 1996 Ron Capps asked me to haul the Snake's Copenhagen Camaro FC to the Peterson Museum in my trailer from San Diego to Los Angeles where they were announcing Snake's new sponsor and Ron Capps as the driver at a press conference. Snake's trailer was being painted and not available. When we got there Ron introduced me and told the Snake how "The first funny car I ever sat in was Randy's in Bakersfield." Until Ron mentioned it I had completely forgot about it.

You never know about these kids, anymore. :D

Emmett's first seat was in Tony Shoe's T/F car when he was two during the winter Pro test here in Tucson.. Stood up and latched right onto the butterfly... I think he got the hook set right then and there... And he says he'll always remember that moment ( and he really does...)

BTW- Just rolling back in from SIR's Team Race # 3- He's now at two in a row for event wins....:D
TeamRace3.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool!! I remember our first big wins and our first track championship. This year I am so far behind it isn't funny...we have already missed 5-6 races at our home track. I got one junior race ready today but the other still has the motor in pieces on the workbench. I want to go racing!!!!

Congrats guys!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back