Jim Jannard ? (1 Viewer)

Does Jim Jannard have anything to do with drag racing anymore ?

I remember when I first met Jim I thought he was Cool as can be! But he changed overnight it seemed, got to the point where he was like some of the drivers! I think he sold Oakley so my guess is NO!

Last edited:
His company Red Cinemas Cameras sponsor JFR. I had the chance to run into him years ago at John Wayne airport and was extremely nice to me. I had a copy of Forbes 400 richest and asked him would he sign it for me he said no problem. He didn't have a bad attitude and was very cool.

My interactions (limited) with Jannard have been great. He has done a lot for drag racing. Would love to see him come back to the forefront again, possibly as a team owner.

I met him at a race when Cannon was still in a funny car and thought he was pretty cool helping Scotty.

Scotty's Funny Cars were my all time favorites. I miss Scotty behind the wheel, I hope his back feels better.

My few interactions with Jim Jannard were also pleasant, in fact the first time I talked to him, I had to be told later who he was. He was very cool, didn't seem at all like a pompous billionaire type.

Do any of you guys even know how friendly I would be if I was worth over a $Bil? :D Actually, he did do a lot for the sport and it would be nice if he was involved on a bigger scale again.

Do any of you guys even know how friendly I would be if I was worth over a $Bil?...........

now that's funny :D

i'd like to think the nhra was a stepping stone in helping Oakley build its reputation as not only a luxury brand but also the leader in performance eyewear..........all adding to the sale price of oakley when it sold in '07.
again, i'm thankful jim chose nhra drag racing as one of his avenues to build
the Oakley brand.

He can do whatever he wants and I'm wishing Jim the best at whatever he is doing.

I do know the RED.COM is badazz.

He ain't scered!

I remember when I first met Jim I thought he was Cool as can be! But he changed overnight it seemed, got to the point where he was like some of the drivers! I think he sold Oakley so my guess is NO!

Joe... sorry you feel that way. Maybe you caught me on a bad day? If it was something else that gave you that impression, I would love to know. I've always valued my reputation as pretty approachable and easy to get along with.

I still monitor every race but don't go much anymore. I am suffering from hearing loss and a pretty good case of tinnitus. But just because I don't go anymore doesn't mean I'm not interested. As you can see, I still monitor the madness here. :)

Jim

Glad you still out there watching and nosing in when needed.;) Sorry about the hearing issues

Your new venture looks to be doing umm...well. :D Thanks for that. Have been blown away by the end product on a few occasions. Some very nice stuff you have going on there as usual in Jannard fashion.

(BTW really sorry about that Cartman kid earlier he needs some more cheezy poofs)

Hey Jim, just thanks for you, Scotty and Gary having some of the Best paint jobs out there.

Last edited:
Joe... sorry you feel that way. Maybe you caught me on a bad day? If it was something else that gave you that impression, I would love to know. I've always valued my reputation as pretty approachable and easy to get along with.

Jim - the day we met you and Scotty were having a bad day. In spite of that, you gave me a lift back to your pit, showed me around the transporter and introduced me to Scotty. Very positive experience.

Wish you were still out there at the races. - Jim

Mr. Jannard, even though you and I have had a few disagreements, I have always thought that were a valuable asset to drag racing and that your absence has been sorely felt.

Enjoy life and be well.

From the story's I've heard, Jannard should be declared the Mensch of the Century for carrying Scotty as long as he did!

those years with scotty - scotty was oakley - he was an awesome spokesperson for the brand, albeit his zero wins.
have a framed, signed poster rite here in my office of the first O funny car;
the yellow/black 1999 Nitro Mater firebird
black checks towards front, dragon on hood, and Nitro Mater spelled out across top of windshield........
bottom of poster reads....MAD SCIENTIST MEETS NITRO-METHANE

my kids found scotty at back of his trailer after qualifying, he told them something like 'i'm not supposed to hand these out'; grabbed this beautiful
poster, signed it and handed to my boy and nephew :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back