Who will be the 1st Pro to return ? (1 Viewer)

Don't know if I count as a Pro...but I did make a living for a lot of years in the world of drag racing...and have been to every track on the circuit many times...and have worked with some of the greatest people I have ever had the privilege of knowing...racers, owners, sponsors, officials, media, spectators and all the rest.

I haven't posted before now as I have been in and out of town for the last few days. However, Jerrod and I have crossed emails a couple of times getting me signed up to join in.

I agree with the changes that J-rod has instituted, not to cut down on discussion and even disagreement, but to bring a dash of civility to it.

Most all of the people I have known for over 50 years in this business bore little or no similarity to some of those folks that were posting previously. If the changes weeded them out...so be it. They brought it upon themselves.

I have lurked here from the very beginnings, (back in the Scotty C. heyday) and would post from time to time. All of that will certainly continue and possibly expand as this board grows.

Just remember, drag racing; complete with its faults, disagreements, conflicts, joys and tragedies...is still the greatest of motorsports.

My best to one and all and hope to see each of you soon.

Dave McClelland
known previously and will continue to be known as "Big Mac" and/or DMaC

BTW...a big tip of the hat to Jim J.

Nice to have you around Mr. McClelland. Just be nicer to me than K mac was to me last time we raced each other..LOL... I definitely miss the Old NHRA broadcasts.(except of course the tape delay part)

In my book, you definitely count, DMac! Glad to see you found your way on to the new site.

Feel free to dig up and post some more of those wonderful photos you regaled us with on the old site a few months ago!

Madman, the guys that I really enjoyed participating on the board were Virgil Hartman & especially Jim Oberhofer... Jim O gave some great technical insight & he is a hell of a funny guy to boot!!

And as a sidenote, I love to hear D Mac tell old stories all day long!!

Don't know if I count as a Pro...but I did make a living for a lot of years in the world of drag racing...and have been to every track on the circuit many times...and have worked with some of the greatest people I have ever had the privilege of knowing...racers, owners, sponsors, officials, media, spectators and all the rest.

I haven't posted before now as I have been in and out of town for the last few days. However, Jerrod and I have crossed emails a couple of times getting me signed up to join in.

I agree with the changes that J-rod has instituted, not to cut down on discussion and even disagreement, but to bring a dash of civility to it.

Most all of the people I have known for over 50 years in this business bore little or no similarity to some of those folks that were posting previously. If the changes weeded them out...so be it. They brought it upon themselves.

I have lurked here from the very beginnings, (back in the Scotty C. heyday) and would post from time to time. All of that will certainly continue and possibly expand as this board grows.

Just remember, drag racing; complete with its faults, disagreements, conflicts, joys and tragedies...is still the greatest of motorsports.

Dave McClelland

Dave... you wouldn't believe how many hours of you I have on Diamond P video '86 through '93 Big Mac says it, I believe it... but damn, I still miss Steve... Thanks for coming to the Party

Yeah Dave, you are the definitive pro! Nice visiting with you in Bowling green for a few moments.

Can't help to automatically think of drag racing when I hear the name Dave McClelland. You're a pro in my book !

Dave whats chances of you returning to broadcasting NHRA Events.. :D Sure do miss you...

Dave and Steve Evans have set the standards for today's broadcasters. Those two together just clicked and made the show entertaining to watch. Never once, did I sit back and question their knowledge about the sport like I do today.

Hello Dave. Glad you made it back. Looking forward to more stories and pictures, from the good old days.:)

I do not consider myself a pro even though I own and drive in top fuel part time.But I sure am glad to see the positive changes made here and I am looking forward for good things to come.

Welcome Michael :)
You could say I'm a semi-pro fan... okay, drag racing is the only sport I follow

Dave McClelland

Of course you are a pro!!!! Your the voice of drag racing. It's great to have you back.

LMAO!!!!!!! Um.... Yeah.... I would say you just MIGHT be classified as a "pro" there Big Mac. Hell, lets just start with "legend" and go from there shall we?:) :)
Welcome in. I look forward to reading anything you feel like contributing.

Dave McClelland

Welcome back DmaC !

D Mac

Hey Mac...

It was nice to catch up with you at the Power Tour stop at Englishtown. Bring that 55 around next time!!

Do you remember the old RIS days on Compuserve???

"Swervin"
Bob Irvin

Hi all,

Sorry it took me so long to respond but have been busy, don't know exactly why, but haven't spent as much time on the board as normal.

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone...it's great seeing as much enthusiasm for the sport as is evidenced here.

To respond to some direct comments,

Eathon...you are on your own with the kid. He's got the talent and every now and then, it rises to the top. Hope he can pick up his fourth Wally at the Autolite's...I plan to be there on Sunday...have a SEMA gig in LA on Friday night and won't get out of town till Saturday. My wife says if she goes, he will get to race on Sunday. Hope so.

To all who asked about more photos...I haven't come across any more than what I posted on the old board. Will keep looking.

Karl...I also, along with tens of thousands of others, miss Steve E. Here it is almost six years since he passed away and he's never far from my mind. I keep being reminded of his friendship and talents as my house has a lot of memorabila items that include him. Won't be another like him

Bob K...good to see you as well...the '55 is going to get more use this summer. Made the Power Tour with my Buick convertible so it's time to go back to the '55.

John P...thanks for the vote of confidence on the TV gig...but I doubt that will be happening...which in reality, is not all bad for me and my family. The last couple of years with limited travel has proven to be a real joy so it would be tough to go back to that burden again. Enjoyed 27 consecutive years as host of NHRA Drag Racing TV shows...sure does help fill out a resume<VBG>.

Bob I...Great to see you and hope to run into you again soon. Am planning on the PT next year, at least at this moment, never hurts to plan ahead; gives you motivation to stay healthy. Sure, the RIS days were the forerunner of what we have today. Kinda set the standard and the guys and gals today are doing a great job under conditions that a lot of people don't realize how tough they are. Keeps old guys like me informed and up to the minute!!!

And to Jim J....thanks to you for the ego boost...likewise, I am a big fan of yours. Keep up the excitement and btw...you do make the best sunglasses and best watches I have ever used. THX.

Again, thanks to all and hope to see you soon.

DMaC

PS...a big congrats to JR Todd. Nice guy with loads of talent...hope he can string a few together.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back