JFR's SEMA anoucment? (1 Viewer)

IIRC Scott Weiss ran an A-fuel funny car in the IHRA. After a while I think the sanctioning body told him he needed to get rid of it.....

I know parity is a pain in the arse, but the NHRA has decades of experience with the 2 combos in TAD, and they are pretty even now, I think they'd be able to get close if they were to allow Injected fuel in TAFC. I'd love to see it.

Not branded Ford, How about as a Shelby ?
There website brands them as Shelby.
If JFR, or any team for that matter, were to be bringing a GM, Kia, Honda, Tesla, or another body to the party for 2015 they would have had to have begun development and testing a long, long time ago. My gut says that the Mustangs are on the chassis for the start of the season with or without Ford support.

New 2014 JFR bodies will be Toyotas
They'll also have a new oil co as a sponsor next year
Oil straight from the "Forest"

If a new manufacturer doesn't get involved in F/C, F/C is going to be boring with only Dodge, and Toy bodies. Even though all the F/C bodies are just blobs with decals that tell what car it's supposed to be. Besides, I think they have something like a 6-8 year cut off on bodies (if you have a 2014 Mustang body you can still run it for the next 6-8 years).

technically then Chrysler isn't American anymore than either then...there goes Mopar.

I understand the sentiment but there isn't much that is 100% American made anymore.
I totally understand what your saying I've been in the tool and equip business for 35 yrs so I know

Just disappointed he not running a Camaro or staying w Ford, hell I don't support Toyota in A Nascar either I just hope it's not true that's all.

While I am against racing apples against oranges, if they allow 2 combos in alky dragster (blown alky & inj. nitro) then I agree with you,
why not in alky funny.??

Because the A/Fuel combo continues to run quicker despite about 6 rule changes since the Mid 90's! I count Jay Payne, Jeff Wilson, Mic Snider, Lee Calloway, Sean , O' Bannon, and a few others who left the class to Funny Car for that reason! Only Lee Calloway has returned to Dragster...

I was watching Dragboats in TX. Saw a Injected Fuel Hydro running in the Blown Alcohol class.
Years ago this was a class on its own.

ZacharyEldoLaunch.jpg
That looks a lot like Long Beach

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back