Live Nation Announcement (1 Viewer)

Super Mod

Nitro Member
Live Nation is to make a big announcement Tuesday according to DRO. Speculation is the IHRA is up for sale. Could Bruton Smith be a potential buyer?

It's wednesday and no anouncement yet, but now there is no live nation advertising on the IHRA website.

Personally, I think some new owners would be a good thing for the IHRA. I don't think Live Nation looked at the IHRA as anything but a revenue stream. Too bad, because they have the resources to really promote the sport. I hope the new owners, whoever they are, will help take the IHRA to new heights. Lord knows there are plenty of people fed up with the NHRA.

Personally, I think some new owners would be a good thing for the IHRA. I don't think Live Nation looked at the IHRA as anything but a revenue stream. Too bad, because they have the resources to really promote the sport. I hope the new owners, whoever they are, will help take the IHRA to new heights. Lord knows there are plenty of people fed up with the NHRA.

Aaron.. you gave Livenation more credit than i did...lol.. wiht the little effort they put into the IHRA i figured it was their yearly tax right off they needed...lol...

IHRA has a ton of potential for the racers and the fans... here's to better days in the IHRA...

Billy

I would LOVE THAT!!! :D

DSB_5553.jpg

OH!!!..... i bet you would you suck up...lol....

hope thats true...but it throws a wrench in me trying to sell them advertising/sign spots at the ROCK...lol....

thats what get for being slow.....lol...

Billy

Hey Billy....(not to hi-jack the thread...but).....I know of a school that can help you with those reaction times!!!

LOL - LOL - LOL

:p ;)

Hmmm, the IHRA, "Better Than It Has To Be.":cool: Should be quite an announcement at the next event.;)

I like the deductive reasoning and homework done to come up with this guess. I can assure you that IHRA WILL be "Better than it has to be" - and Amalie will be involved with IHRA - just not as the owner.

See you all in Epping...

I'm guessing there is some due diligence stuff that is delaying that 'official' announcement. I'm guessing somewhere on or about September 8 or 9

Jim how is your co- pilot doing on that loooong trip across the great state of South Carolina Yall in a few days

Jim how is your co- pilot doing on that loooong trip across the great state of South Carolina Yall in a few days

Whirl-wind tour from wally-world to wally-world. About 2 hours to go...tempatures in the NE look like we'll see some crazy fast numbers. Let's go racing.

We'll be camping for a couple of days at the wally-world near the track... party animals that we are.... it's T-Mac's birthday today. He miht eat desert first!

If not by the end of this weekend. i would expect one right before or during the World Finials.

they might be crossing all the "t's" and dotting all the "i's" be fore they make it official....

if it leads to better things..i can wait.....

Billy

While it would have been more encouraging to see the IHRA sold to some "car guys", maybe the new owners will try to expand the IHRA into new territories such as California and Arizona. I've been wishing for more IHRA tracks for a long time. Here's their current list of tracks: IHRA tracks

I've been searching for any news about this and so far nothing has shown up. For anyone who wants to keep checking, here's a link to a Google News search for "IHRA", with the search results sorted by date, newest first: IHRA - Google News

Dave Mann
(602) 233-8400
Roadsters.com

A great point told to me last night was ... now the IHRa will be owned by one privetly own person/company... not one that has multi investors that they have to answer to... it should help the situation on alot of decision making for the series to grow from....

Billy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back