Jessie Harris and Dote Racing.... (1 Viewer)

Nice way to handle adversity. :rolleyes: While I can understand her being upset, this isn't the best way to make a good impression for future opportunities, even if what she is saying is 100% accurate.

Good point....Airing this Dirty laundry on Website's doesn't help the reputation!

What she said on myspace wasnt cool.Not a good way to handle it,very..very unprofessional.This,in my opinion will be the kiss of death when it comes to her landing a driving position in the big leauges.Now all of that wouldnt matter if she has $$$,but i think thats a commodity she has little of.

It is good to see that we still have enough convictions in our opinions that are based upon assumptions and our imaginations to insult the reputations of those that we don't even know.

Jesse knows why she was released. Her statements on MySpace were out of frustration and shouldn't cause her problems in the future. The reasons she was released are more important and will have to be overcome.

Dote made a business decision based upon actions that did or did not take place. Once made, I am sure he wanted to see his new toy run after traveling cross country, and what easier decision could be made than to put a team member who was there and prepared in the car? This allowed them to see the car run and to obtain action pictures on a track for future promotions.

Look at the side of the car and you will see where the money was coming from for the five proposed races. And whoever is chosen to drive those events, I doubt it was because of a conspiracy against Jesse. I wish them all the best of luck in their future endeavors.

There is a lesson here for aspiring drivers: bring your equipment with you and be prepared to drive at all times because you never know when an opportunity will arise. Examples, when I brought our third car out at Phoenix a few years ago, Glen Mikres was the third driver I asked to drive, but the first who had his equipment and was prepared to drive. A long time ago we were at a points meet in Bakersfield with my TAD and my driver left his license at home and we could not tech in until he got it and missed one day of qualifying. If another driver was available and prepared to drive, you could bet your house that they would have been in my car and driving that weekend, and maybe for the duration that I owned the car.

Mr Hartman, you are accused of exhibiting common sense, presenting a valid point, and attempting to coerce others to mind their own business----How do you plead????:rolleyes:

Jessie can be added to a very long list of those who were hired to drive, but more importantly, hired to raise the money to run the car so they could drive.

There are those who get the seat, but if the money doesn't show up, when the car is ready to get on track, chances are, it will be with a different driver. And if it's a new team, chances are, it will be with an experienced driver so the team can get up and running without the extra runs needed to license a new driver.

If a team gives the seat to a driver who is supposed to bring money, and the money doesn't show, they may still get the seat if the team owner is willing to go out on a limb, but don't expect the driver to stay in there for too long.

It's all about money. If you have it, you can get the seat. But even still, that doesn't mean you can't lose the ride. There are some owners out there who will not put some people in the car, regardless of money, and usually that is due to character conflicts.

Jessie should consider raising her own money and get her licensed signed off. That will eliminate a potential problem for any team considering her.

Come on Virgil, leave this one alone, ;) I was just getting the popcorn out to start enjoying this thread.
It still amazing how people will throw someone else under the bus when they CLEARLY have no clue as to what took place.
Good call by the race team.

Come on Virgil, leave this one alone, ;) I was just getting the popcorn out to start enjoying this thread.
It still amazing how people will throw someone else under the bus when they CLEARLY have no clue as to what took place.
Disagree ... it isn't about right, wrong or throwing anyone under the bus. She may be 100% clean in all this or the Dote's may be. Usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle, right? We don't need to know, it’s none of our business. What I do know much about is that in the business world (drag racing is a business), you DO NOT vent ill will publicly. Try publicly going around and telling everybody how crappy your company is and how poorly they run thier company. You may never actually hear about it, but it will come back to bite you almost every time. Seen it happen many times with people destined for high profile jobs. As I said previously, negative public comments about an employer, former employer or would-be employer is career suicide and usually has lasting effects on the direction of your career.

People (Team Owners) will not come out and say they are not interested in hiring this driver, but more likely just never consider her as a candidate for a position (basically ignored). I think it will be some time before her name is heard in association with driving a fuel car.

Jim,
Not aiming at Jessie, just some of the keyboard crew chiefs:eek:
We are running a special on feather smoothers this month $9.99 in a variety of colors.:D
I do have several employees and if one showed up for work unprepared there would be consequences, there always are.
K

16aa0co.gif

Hey....if it's good enough for the king of pop... it's good enough for the mater Mr. Stith!:cool:

Mr Hartman, you are accused of exhibiting common sense, presenting a valid point, and attempting to coerce others to mind their own business----How do you plead????:rolleyes:

Unless you are offering probation and time served, I will take my chances with a trial by jury of my peers. Some will see it that way, but many will feel otherwise. I will just get some rumors started and I think I can beat the rap.
I don't think I could live through incarceration in Arkansas for any length of time. :) :) :rolleyes:

Unless you are offering probation and time served, I will take my chances with a trial by jury of my peers. Some will see it that way, but many will feel otherwise. I will just get some rumors started and I think I can beat the rap.
I don't think I could live through incarceration in Arkansas for any length of time. :) :) :rolleyes:

Hey, it ain't so bad Virgil---we now have shoes, most places have indoor plumbing, and we try to restrict marriage to at least second cousins. Don't tell anybody though--we don't want any more damn yankees moving in.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back