Jessie Harris and Dote Racing.... (1 Viewer)

Obviously there are always two sides of a story, but that press release was a clear as mud. I'm sad Jessie didn't have a contract in place. Hard lesson learned there.

I don't know either party's story, but I hope Jessie finds another ride. Its devastating to have your dream hung in front of you like a carrot only to be snatched away repeatedly.

And she busted butt with the marketing to get them where they are?

And then stick it in her as# when they did?

Foley just made me want to sh#t!!

This just appears to be wrong on all levels.

Not to slam the guy, but it seems that Foley went behind Jessie's back to the team owners and pretty much pushed her out of the seat for himself. It seems that Jessie passed up a paying driving job because she gave her word to the Dote family that she would handle the operation...instead of running off to "greener pastures"...as most would have.
Good luck to you Jessie and the Dote family will soon realize it was a mistake to replace you with Foley. Its gonna be tough for them to market Foley compared to you ...like comparing a beauty queen who can drive to a catcher's mit who thinks he can:rolleyes:

Not to slam the guy, but it seems that Foley went behind Jessie's back to the team owners and pretty much pushed her out of the seat for himself. It seems that Jessie passed up a paying driving job because she gave her word to the Dote family that she would handle the operation...instead of running off to "greener pastures"...as most would have.
Good luck to you Jessie and the Dote family will soon realize it was a mistake to replace you with Foley. Its gonna be tough for them to market Foley compared to you ...like comparing a beauty queen who can drive to a catcher's mit who thinks he can:rolleyes:

Unless you really know what went on, it seems like you are being a bit harsh and making some pretty extreme accusations. I don't know myself what went on, but I just don't think its fair to make claims such as the ones you just did. Plus, in the press release it said they would have an un announced driver for the gatornationals. I think Doug Foley was just driving the car for testing.

Don't know Jessie or Doug, but Doug seems pretty much like a Boy Scout type to me.

I wonder what the Hanna jet car operation has to say about all this?

It will be interesting to watch this continue to unfold.

-90%

Tim

I agree with the part about the beauty queen but how can you compare her driving to Dougs? He has driven for years and won a few races and she doesn't even have a license.

I don't think there's any question in anyone's mind that when the business side of Drag Racing, or any other venue for that matter, rears it's head in it's purest form, it's often ugly. Examples - Metallica brought Dave Mustaine all the way to New York, only to cut him loose; Bill Miller dropped Brady Kalivoda; Jimmy Walsh left JR Todd's team to work for Bernstein's FC... I could go on and on.

My point? I feel bad for all parties concerned: In this case Jessie, Doug, the Dote family, etc. Why? Because us casual, and even rabid fans will never know what really happpened, but judgement will be passed as if we do. I wish them all the best and I hope they all reach their dreams - most don't.

My point? I feel bad for all parties concerned: In this case Jessie, Doug, the Dote family, etc. Why? Because us casual, and even rabid fans will never know what really happpened, but judgement will be passed as if we do. I wish them all the best and I hope they all reach their dreams - most don't.

This is a FANTASTIC point Gordon. I think calling Doug Foley a ride stealing catcher's mitt is out of line, and calling Jesse a non-license having beauty queen who doesn't play well with others is equally out of line. As much as seemingly EVERYONE on this board would love to believe lately, not everything is a big conspiracy. Sometimes what teams thought they were going to do 2 or 3 months ago is not what they are going to do now. Sometimes (well ... most of the time actually) stuff just doesn't work out to everyone's satisfaction. That doesn't mean there is some behind the scenes Machiavellian plot against anyone.

The ONLY thing I know for sure ... the paint job has got to go on that car no matter who is driving it. IMO, it looks like a bad Super Comp paint job stretched out on a fueler.

I think what everyone is missing is related to the paint job.

If she had a sponsor for 5 races then where was the Logo?

I think the money train wasn't in gear if you know what I mean....

I think what everyone is missing is related to the paint job.

If she had a sponsor for 5 races then where was the Logo?

I think the money train wasn't in gear if you know what I mean....

There had to be some funding somewhere, of Doug wouldn't have wasted his time to begin with on this deal...

Yeah.... :mad: From Jessie's myspace bulletin:

"Dote Racing and Doug Foley suck! I set their team up, were in Phoenix ready to test the car, they stab me in the back and let me go as driver. Losers!"

And someone here said they were first class? I'd say class-less!

Nice way to handle adversity. :rolleyes: While I can understand her being upset, this isn't the best way to make a good impression for future opportunities, even if what she is saying is 100% accurate.

Nice way to handle adversity. :rolleyes: While I can understand her being upset, this isn't the best way to make a good impression for future opportunities, even if what she is saying is 100% accurate.
Yup ... Cheryl, you hit that one. Right, wrong, or indifferent, statements like those Jessie made on Facebook can be equated to career suicide. What team owner would want to deal with that?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back